Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cut40 plasma
oadamo

posted on 25/4/11 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
cut40 plasma

hi anyone got one, are they any good ive seen them on the bay for 215 all in and iam thinking of getting on.
adam

RichardK

posted on 25/4/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh, he's a member off here (MCS), brilliant guy, wont go wrong at all although I would contact him direct and tell him your off here and see what happens before pressing that buy it now button!

He's called Mike btw. And I had a play with one of his cutters when I visited his workshop, very impressive bit of kit.

Linky to how I met him

Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 25/4/11 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
handyandy

posted on 25/4/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one from Mike, really nice guy, great info on the machine, arrived very quickly too.

Its a great piece of kit, I,m very happy with mine

cheers
andy

oadamo

posted on 25/4/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
dont no if its the same guy there called west bank imports.
adam

edit
cut40.com doesnt say how much carrage is so iam not gonna sign up to find out its an extra 50 quid lol.
adam

[Edited on 25/4/11 by oadamo]

Peteff

posted on 25/4/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
cut40.com doesnt say how much carrage is so iam not gonna sign up to find out its an extra 50 quid lol.
adam

[Edited on 25/4/11 by oadamo]

Cut40 on ebay charges £19 for carriage, how much does it cost to send an email and ask?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

RichardK

posted on 25/4/11 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Mike was going to charge me £20 to post my tig back to me if that helps, I'm sure he'll get back to you shortly though.

Cheers

R

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 25/4/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I got a Cobel Cut40 off the bay, it was about £120 if I remember rightly and is very good IMO.

Only used it up to 6mm so far and it leaves nice clean cuts. It run ok off my crap Aldi compo (which is broken now)

I cut all the brackets off my Range Rover axles with it and it was a god send, saved hours off using a grinder.

Theres lots of advice on how to use it and do different cuts on Utube as well.

Great tool if your into home fabrication and excellent for thin bodywork stuff.

Go for it!

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

HOL

posted on 4/5/11 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I got a Cobel Cut40 off the bay, it was about £120 if I remember rightly and is very good IMO.

Only used it up to 6mm so far and it leaves nice clean cuts. It run ok off my crap Aldi compo (which is broken now)

Is that the yellow compressor, bought around 4-5 years ago?

I have the same one and wondered if it would be powerful enough for a plasma cutter.

NS Dev

posted on 12/5/11 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
yea got an equivalent one (got some german sounding name to stop you thinking its chinese but same machine)

Cheap and nasty BUT actually quite cheerful!

not up to big fabrication shop use, but works fine, cuts what they say itll cut and mines still working 5 years down the line

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.