Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Built it - sold it :( (PIC HEAVY)
Stott

posted on 11/5/13 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Built it - sold it :( (PIC HEAVY)

Well, I built it, IVA'd it, drove it (a little) and now sold it

I managed 480 miles in my Robin Hood before a nice chap came to take it away on a trailer yesterday afternoon. He rang this morning to thank me again and say how pleased he is with it, so that's nice.

I arrived at Stoneleigh at 9:45 on Sunday and could have sold it by 10:00 but I held on for a bit more money and got (very nearly) what I wanted for it. I had nice comments all day and one guy even mistook it for a zero! The look on his face when he realised it was kicking on for a 17 year old kit was priceless!

I've still got the asbo <<< so all is not lost, but there's nothing like one you made yourself, as you will all know.

Thanks to all for suggestions and help over the years!, and for now, here's a load of pics of it!

Coolest first reg date ever?

emwmarine

posted on 11/5/13 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
How could you sell it having spent 17 years building it??? (even though it was a RH)

Building a Dax Rush.

sdh2903

posted on 11/5/13 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Just goes to show that no matter what kit it is, if you have the right person building it, that you can end up with a superb end product. I'm not the biggest RH fan but that is simply stunning, excellent finish and very well thought out with the fuse box etc.

Bet it was hard watching it be towed away

Can I ask what the material is that you have trimmed the interior in?

Stott

posted on 11/5/13 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks,

The interior is alcantara type material off ebay, I can't see it on there t the moment, but it wasn't expensive. The sides etc are ebay acoustic carpet.

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 11/5/13 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Lovely car, can I ask, did you need to move the oil filler neck for clearance or was a preference!

Thanks

Aaron

Work to Live don't Live to Work

Litemoth

posted on 11/5/13 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
S'ok I suppose.

...there's lots of fags and tea gone into that - Amazing job!

Unbelievable bargain for the buyer.

Plenty of room on the dash for him to screw this to.......

Stott

posted on 11/5/13 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Litemoth
S'ok I suppose.

...there's lots of fags and tea gone into that - Amazing job!

Unbelievable bargain for the buyer.

Plenty of room on the dash for him to screw this to.......

Shame I couldn't bring it round to show you but it went kind of quickly in the end, never mind eh

and Aaron, I cut the bonnet and made the ledge you can see at the front of the scuttle so the bonnet sat in between the scuttle and nose rather than being sat on top of the scuttle as it should have been. This was done as I wasn't happy with the panel gaps up the side so it lowered the bonnet considerably.

The knock-on effects being the oil filler fouled, as did the air filter and brake resevoir, hence the bumps in the bonnet. Still preferable to being able to fit your hand between the bonnet and the sides of the car!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.