Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Credit report - HELP!
Stott

posted on 24/7/13 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Credit report - HELP!

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Long story short:

I have applied for a different mortgage and been refused as I have undisclosed debt apparently

Got both me and the mrs credit reports from experian, equifax and noddle, all clear as I thought

Lender is adamant the wife owes money. Turns out its all my mother in laws debt and is reg'd to the MIL's address, which is
my wife's previous address (9 years ago)

They use callcredit to score us, I've applied for reports from them but haven't had them yet, but noddle are callcredit and that report came back clear

How the hell do I sort this out when I can't even see this linked debt myself?

theduck

posted on 24/7/13 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Seems its a linked profile, can be removed but you need the report and to write to them.

ETA. can get instant access to call credit for £2 each here https://www.callcredit.co.uk/stat-report-online/

[Edited on 24/7/13 by theduck]

Stott

posted on 24/7/13 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, tried that but they "couldn't verify our identities" so it has to be done by post, then they don't turn up, ever.

They are famous for it apparently, it's all over the moneysavingexpert forums about them being cowboys and the worst of the
credit reference agencies

blakep82

posted on 24/7/13 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
When I worked for "a bank" doing mortgages, if there was any trouble with credit reports, its a weird situation.
Something along the lines of they can request one on your behalf, but arent really supposed to know the results. If the customer disagreed or wanted to know what the problem was, we could only suggest they got a copy from equifax or experian. If it was all clear they could send a copy in, and the underwriter could then discuss it.

Send a copy in to the lender, telling then everythings clear, and hopefully they should then be able to get things moving on. Of course things may not be completely the same, but get the clear report faxed/emailed in for them to look at again

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Stott

posted on 24/7/13 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
When I worked for "a bank" doing mortgages, if there was any trouble with credit reports, its a weird situation.
Something along the lines of they can request one on your behalf, but arent really supposed to know the results. If the customer disagreed or wanted to know what the problem was, we could only suggest they got a copy from equifax or experian. If it was all clear they could send a copy in, and the underwriter could then discuss it.

Send a copy in to the lender, telling then everythings clear, and hopefully they should then be able to get things moving on. Of course things may not be completely the same, but get the clear report faxed/emailed in for them to look at again

This is pretty much exactly whats happened.

Originally they said "somethings bad, no mortgage sorry bye" It's taken 3 weeks to get them to divulge the amounts owed and whether they were linked to the wife or me.

I have obtained clear reports from 3 different CRA's, one of which is owned by callcredit. All of these have been sent to the lender along with a letter of explanation. This was over a 2 week period, first the experian & equifax ones, then the noddle/callcredit ones.

So now they are saying "we told you what's bad, no mortgage sorry bye"

It's like banging your head against a brick wall

blakep82

posted on 24/7/13 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ah right, I get you. Screw em. Try another lender?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Mr Whippy

posted on 24/7/13 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
Ah right, I get you. Screw em. Try another lender?

Yeah why are you only looking at this one? Is the a particular reason?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stott

posted on 24/7/13 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
£6k tie in on an existing portion of the mortgage until April, otherwise I'd be off
SteveWalker

posted on 24/7/13 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I'd write to the offending agency, recorded delivery, telling them that their faulty information is preventing you getting a mortgage and threatening legal action for your inconvenience, losses, lost time, anything that could possibly be valid. Also pointing out that giving your wife a bad reference when she does not deserve it is actually libel.
Agriv8

posted on 25/7/13 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
I'd write to the offending agency, recorded delivery, telling them that their faulty information is preventing you getting a mortgage and threatening legal action for your inconvenience, losses, lost time, anything that could possibly be valid. Also pointing out that giving your wife a bad reference when she does not deserve it is actually libel.

Also quote that it also against the Data protection act ( that the Data is Validly Held & Correct ) that they are linking Her clean record to the bad one.State you wish this sorting out imediatly and if this is not done you will be taking the mater up with Information Comisioner.

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Stott

posted on 25/7/13 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
In the post this morning I recieved both our credit reports from callcredit, both totally clear, no links to addresses or other individuals, so god knows what the building society are looking at!

We are dropping copies into branch this afternoon.

James

posted on 25/7/13 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stott
In the post this morning I recieved both our credit reports from callcredit, both totally clear, no links to addresses or other individuals, so god knows what the building society are looking at!

We are dropping copies into branch this afternoon.

Honestly mate, with the bunch of f#cktards one has to associate with when moving house they could be looking at anything.

We're trying to move currently and the whole process (bearing in mind it's a no-chain move) should be really simple but the list of cock-ups from solicitors and bank alike is getting long and distinguished!!!

An example that relates to you... we had the council search done on our new place. They came back saying that it had planning permission for solar panels. My girlfriend tried to look up on the council site when the planning had come in as it would be an option for us.... turns out the council had done the search on the wrong house!!!
Maybe they've f'cked up in this fashion with you?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 25/7/13 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Ninehigh

posted on 25/7/13 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds quite possible they have looked at the wrong person.

Yeah I'd go back and re-apply, then when they say no ask what the problem is. When they say credit scoring show them the reports and ask what the problem is.

The person that tells you no though doesn't look at anything, as I've asked them several times what my credit score is (and various questions) and I have yet to get any evidence that applying for credit involves more than a computerised coin flip.

Stott

posted on 3/8/13 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Update: all sorted

Finally got them to see sense and realise they were searching the wrong person all along

They have waived the arrangement fee by way of an apology, I dunno eh! I told them that weeks ago, talk about blinkered.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.