Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vw 1.9tdi engine
JSG89

posted on 31/8/13 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Vw 1.9tdi engine

I'm trying to find out some information for a potential project, would a fwd vw 1.9 tdi engine fit onto a rwd rear gear box? If so has anyone done this and was there any issues?

Thanks

Josh

big_wasa

posted on 31/8/13 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
The petrol 1.8t has been done to both a T9 and an MT75 neither are still available. Is the petrol the same bell housing pattern as the diesel.
strikerguy

posted on 31/8/13 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
The petrol 1.8t has been done to both a T9 and an MT75 neither are still available. Is the petrol the same bell housing pattern as the diesel.

Yes, it is. Because of the stupid tax rules over here, putting a diesel in a kitcar is extremely attractive. VAG TDI fits on the 1.8T petrol engine bellhouse which fits the usual Ford layout for RWD configs. However, always use the MT75 because T9 cannot handle the amount of torque these diesels produce...

luke2152

posted on 1/9/13 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I believe all(most?) IL4 watercooled VW engines have same bell housing up to the early 2000's.
I have seen an adaptor to mate a 1.9tdi to an old toyota hilux gearbox which would also be compatible with rwd Celica gearbox.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.