New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield SEiW - Zetec
TimEllershaw

posted on 26/5/14 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Westfield SEiW - Zetec

For Sale :

1990 Westfield SEiW, 2L Zetec

Sadly it is time to sell my Westfield.
While I love it, I'm finding I have very little time to work on it or drive it, so really can not justify having money tied up in it any longer. Mechanically it is all very good, but the bodywork is showing its age.

Westfield
Westfield

£5500

Engine :
2L Zetec "Black Top" Engine (see history below ! )
Weber 40s
Omex ECU ( 100 ? ignition only )
Odyssey PC680 battery
Raceline Sump
Raceline Water rail

Drive Train:
Type 9 gearbox
New clutch ( less than 500 miles )
New prop shaft
English Diff in Westfield casing recent oil seals replaced and backlash checked.
15" TSW Wheels
Yokohama 195/50/15 tyres (good tread)

Suspension:
New Front wishbones
New bushes all round.
Protec shocks front and rear.
New Springs.

Brakes
New brake discs on rear
Recently replaced Ford callipers on rear
New handbrake cable

Savage switches
Koso digital dash

Tax and MOT until Sept 2014.

History :

Built and registered in 1990
All correctly registered as Westfield on the V5

It was built and then run by the same person for 18 years.
The 2nd owner was a mad motor bike guy. He said he had some problems with the original (x-flow?) engine, so went out and bought a complete engine bundle from Raceline. This included the new crate engine, ecu, raceline sump, raceline water rail, etc. It certainly looks new, but I have no paperwork to prove that. ( I would suggest that paperwork was not his thing - I have absolutely nothing from him for any history, but everything I have found on the car does fit with his claims. )
Ultimately he never really got on with 4 wheels so sold it to me after only a year and went back to bikes.

I bought it in 2009.
I've enjoyed tinkering with it over the years ( I enjoy working on it more than driving it ).
The mileage when I got it was 34,000, but I've only done a couple of thousand miles since. It had a trip to Le Mans in 2010 and one track day at Mallory, but spends most of its time on the road with one of my kids in, so usually pretty gentle.

In 2010 we replaced the gearbox with a type 9, along with a new clutch and new propshaft. Fitted a new boot box and aluminium panel lid.
I then moved house and money was a bit tightso the car was SORN for a while. During that time I replaced the front wishbones and all the metalastic bushes. The shocks were replaced with "as new" Protec ones.
The dash was pretty tatty so I've replaced that with Savage switches and a Koso digital speedo. ( Switches wired so they glow with side-lights and get brighter when pressed )
New headlight lenses and bulbs. Chrome shells are OK, but have a little pitting to the chrome.

Mechanically it all runs fine.
Starting from cold is not perfect, but once it coughs and splutters a bit it is OK.
Acceleration is fast enough to scare the ?!!? out of me !
Handling is much better with the new shocks, bushes and springs, but would probably benefit from a proper geo setup.

Now the down side : The bodywork is tatty. Nothing structural just lots of scratches and scuffs. The bonnet has lots of cracks to the gelcoat and a few chips around the edge where it has been lifted on and off. The rear arches are pitted from stone chips. The side panels have bolt holes from the original clamshell wings and a hole from the original exhaust. Roll bar could do with a coat of paint.

Cheers,

Tim.

[Edited on 28/5/2014 by TimEllershaw]

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimEllershaw

posted on 26/5/14 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
More pictures :

Westfield
Westfield

Westfield Front Suspension
Westfield Front Suspension

Westfiel Zetec
Westfiel Zetec

Westfield
Westfield

Westfield Dash
Westfield Dash

( Dash is Aluminium panel with 3M DiNoc )

Webers
Webers

cracks in the bonnet :
Westfield
Westfield

Bonnet
Bonnet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimEllershaw

posted on 26/5/14 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
and some more...

Westfield
Westfield

Catch Tank
Catch Tank

Westfield
Westfield

[Edited on 26/5/2014 by TimEllershaw]

Greenie

posted on 26/5/14 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
U2U Sent.....
TimEllershaw

posted on 28/5/14 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the PMs.

In answer to some frequent questions :

Weather Gear ?
There are no doors.
I have a very old hood, but don't think it fits over the roll bar. (I'll try tonight)
I have a new hood frame, but it has never been fitted.
No heater.

Bodywork ?

I tried to be completely honest in the original advert, but I should probably say it again: the bodywork is quite tatty. It is what my friend refers to as a "10 yard car" - looks great from 10 yards away, but up close it looks a bit of a mess !

Mainly cracks to the gelcoat, but some scuffs, scrapes, scratches all round.

The bonnet is the worst, with chips nocked out of the edges and the corners are a bit mangled ( where the rubber bonnet clips attach) . If I was keeping the car then I would replace it.

I think I've taken that into account in the price. From the adverts I've seen recently, a similar spec Westfield with "pretty" bodywork, would be over £1k more. Obviously, as the cliché says: it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it !

thanks

Tim.

TimEllershaw

posted on 29/5/14 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Provisionally Sold.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.