Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Reverse spur gear needed
Joelove

posted on 25/2/15 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Reverse spur gear needed

I'm after a reverse spur gear to sandwich between my diff and prop.
It's to make an electric reverse with a golf starter motor.

Thanks

40inches

posted on 25/2/15 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Chesterfield 01246 268080

msisleman

posted on 25/2/15 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have one, unused that is to fit on a Sierra diff, between diff and prop. The hole in the middle is made to fit over the spigot on the Sierra diff, then it is currently un drilled so you can drill it to suit. Measurements are: 150mm outer diameter, 58mm inner hole diameter. Made from laser cut stainless steel. Let me know if this is of use?

Joelove

posted on 25/2/15 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

Do you have one for sale or do you manufacture them or is this just for reference? Thanks joe

Joelove

posted on 25/2/15 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by msisleman
Hi,

I have one, unused that is to fit on a Sierra diff, between diff and prop. The hole in the middle is made to fit over the spigot on the Sierra diff, then it is currently un drilled so you can drill it to suit. Measurements are: 150mm outer diameter, 58mm inner hole diameter. Made from laser cut stainless steel. Let me know if this is of use?

Yeh sounds like this could do the job, are the teeth to fit a golf starter? I'll have to check to see if I have enough room in my tunnel to fit it and I'll pm you

40inches

posted on 25/2/15 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joelove
quote:

Do you have one for sale or do you manufacture them or is this just for reference? Thanks joe

Got mine from them, I provided the original drawings. I think they have sold a few to people on here since.
Not at all cheap though, but it fits and the tooth pitch is same as the Golf starter.

Joelove

posted on 25/2/15 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Got mine from them, I provided the original drawings. I think they have sold a few to people on here since.
Not at all cheap though, but it fits and the tooth pitch is same as the Golf starter.

Yeh I thought that about price
Thanks for the info

msisleman

posted on 25/2/15 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Hi,

Yeh sounds like this could do the job, are the teeth to fit a golf starter? I'll have to check to see if I have enough room in my tunnel to fit it and I'll pm you

My understanding is that the majority of teeth are the same shape on starter pinions and flywheels? I use the same thing with a Brise starter motor. I think they are all the same or at least close enough for it to still be a satisfactory mesh. I can take a photo and measure teeth if you want?

Joelove

posted on 25/2/15 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi,

My understanding is that the majority of teeth are the same shape on starter pinions and flywheels? I use the same thing with a Brise starter motor. I think they are all the same or at least close enough for it to still be a satisfactory mesh. I can take a photo and measure teeth if you want?

If you could please that would be great mate

msisleman

posted on 25/2/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi,

If you could please that would be great mate

Teeth are 5mm width at their base, 2mm at tip, and are 6.5mm in height.

Photo should be here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y72vspc3fqul1eh/2015-02-25%2019.25.08.jpg?dl=0

Joelove

posted on 25/2/15 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'll go measure in a bit mate. Looks like it would fit tho. How much do you want for it?
msisleman

posted on 25/2/15 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'll go measure in a bit mate. Looks like it would fit tho. How much do you want for it?

Ok no problem. £45 posted should cover it.

Joelove

posted on 25/2/15 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Ok no problem. £45 posted should cover it.

Sounds fair to me bud

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.