Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spartan kitcar & spares
wdavie

posted on 12/1/17 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Spartan kitcar & spares

Hi all. I bought this car as a project to do up but didn't realise how much space it would take up so I'm therefore looking to sell on. I haven't done anything with it since I bought it other than buy bucket seats to fit to it. Previous owner had stripped it down to modify for hill climbing, so would need bolting back together although it is a rolling car with eninge in it. He said he'd rebuilt the engine and guy was an engineer so no reason not to believe him. It is the cortina based version, doesn't have a roof though. Car is located in north east England and would need to be trailered away. Will roll easily to put on trailer. All wiring is present it out of car but should be useable. I'll upload pics or email them if interested. Car is 650 cash no offers, properly registered on Q plate as spartan. Thanks

[Edited on 12/1/17 by wdavie]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

wdavie

posted on 12/1/17 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Original description from seller.

Spartan Kit Car

Ford 1600 Pinto Sierra five speed gear box English rear axle.

I have owned this car from March 2014 and have been preparing it to compete in classic reliability trials, but now Due to a Different Direction I'm now putting Her up for Auction.

The Engine Has a new timing belt fitted water pump and different cam shaft stronger comp' mounts

The Gearbox is a five speed out of a Sierra

The Axle is out of a MK3 Cortina the donor Car

Gearbox/rear axle have been resealed and oiled ready to go prop shaft has had rear UJ replaced, New clutch Complete fitted on rebuild. All parts are there to finish Lights Seats (heated leather out of cosy) Replacement wiring harness two manuals.

PARTS TO GO WITH CAR - new drive plate new electronic ign' new competition coil new petrol pump. Spare Body panels Bonnet, Boot lid, Grill, Windscreen, Front wings N/S O/S, Rear Wings N/S O/S, Door Windows, and other parts I Will dig out all the parts and take a photo and add to listing tomorrow. She Stands Me at more than the start price but need a van so grab a bargain.

Bayer to collect From Durham DH1. Cash on collection Bring a trailer and van for parts.

Advertised elsewhere so reserve the right to end listing.

Have listed photos Of seats exhaust fuel tank new radiator new rear wheel cylinders ext'

pekwah1

posted on 13/1/17 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
This sounds very cheap for someone!
What would help you is to let us know if it's ever been road registered or would need IVA?

GLWS, i'd probably buy it for parts myself, but then that's ruining a car which is not the done thing!

wdavie

posted on 13/1/17 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi thanks for reply. Car is properly registered so no IVA or SVA required, it runs a 1600 pinto engine with 5speed box and English rear axle. Would've a shame to break it for parts and I won't do that but if someone buys it I guess it's there's to do with as they please.
bonzoronnie

posted on 13/1/17 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
If you want to attract people to your auction, perhaps you should post a link or item number.

Looked on Ebay & can't find it for sale.

wdavie

posted on 13/1/17 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate. I haven't put it on eBay the description is from when I bought it on there. Tried to put pictures in but couldn't work out how to post them. Thanks
pekwah1

posted on 13/1/17 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
The £650 part should be enough to attract someone, worth far more than that in parts alone, but again would be a shame.
complete bargain for someone!

rayward

posted on 14/1/17 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
U2u sent
wdavie

posted on 6/2/17 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
I've been offered chance to buy a van this week so need car gone asap. If anyone interested I'd take 600 for it. Thanks
Gord

posted on 6/2/17 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Any pics please?
wdavie

posted on 6/2/17 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate send me your email and I'll send some across. Thanks
wdavie

posted on 16/2/17 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
I still have car, I would be willing to let it go now for £550, no less, but will need gone, or paid for, by Tuesday next week, after that I will be keeping it and building it myself. Thanks
Gord

posted on 16/2/17 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I sent you a u2u with my email address but I never received a reply, I presumed you had sold it.
Can you send me some pics?

wdavie

posted on 16/2/17 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Gordon, I sent some pictures over again, I did send some but maybe they never arrived, cheers Wayne

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.