Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scimitar project (again)
Simon

posted on 29/8/17 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Scimitar project (again)

I have decided that having more important things to worry about (and a lack of time and interest) that I'm going to sell my Scimitar project.

It's a 1980 SE6.

The body and chassis are currently separate and I have welded Mazda RX8 front and rear subframes (with wheels) onto the chassis. I was going to install a Lexus 1UZFE engine and box into it and use as much of the Mazda interior (dash/seats etc) as I could. More recently got thinking an old beetle shell might be more appropriate (but chassis would need shortening I suspect.

Anyway, the engine and box (with all ancillaries /shifter/ecu etc etc) cost me £500. The RX8 was £300ish and the Scimitar was £750.

I sold off the Scimitar mechanical bits (engine and box/axle) and all the interior ended in the bin because it was rubbish.

My blog pics etc are here http://scimitarv8project.blogspot.co.uk/

I'd be happy with £500 for the whole lot. Pics should you give you an idea what's there.

Will chuck on ebay if no interest here

Cheers

Simon

[Edited on 29/8/17 by Simon]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Just18972

posted on 16/9/17 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I have decided that having more important things to worry about (and a lack of time and interest) that I'm going to sell my Scimitar project.

It's a 1980 SE6.

The body and chassis are currently separate and I have welded Mazda RX8 front and rear subframes (with wheels) onto the chassis. I was going to install a Lexus 1UZFE engine and box into it and use as much of the Mazda interior (dash/seats etc) as I could. More recently got thinking an old beetle shell might be more appropriate (but chassis would need shortening I suspect.

Anyway, the engine and box (with all ancillaries /shifter/ecu etc etc) cost me £500. The RX8 was £300ish and the Scimitar was £750.

I sold off the Scimitar mechanical bits (engine and box/axle) and all the interior ended in the bin because it was rubbish.

My blog pics etc are here http://scimitarv8project.blogspot.co.uk/

I'd be happy with £500 for the whole lot. Pics should you give you an idea what's there.

Will chuck on ebay if no interest here

Cheers

Simon

[Edited on 29/8/17 by Simon]

Simon did you sell the engine and is it a vvti engine?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.