Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Karting seats
Jordan

posted on 21/6/20 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Karting seats

Hello, I'm after a set of nice karting seats for my fury. They have to be pretty narrow, what's for sale 😎
Mr Whippy

posted on 22/6/20 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Kart seats wouldn't be my choice for a car, they don't tend to have head support, are quite flimsy and sized to suit the driver so as to grip you plus they are not designed to work with harnesses. Personally I'd go and did go for grp car seats.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chaz

posted on 22/6/20 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
What car are they going in? Karting seat are set up for a quite a rearward rake so unless you're in something with a very low profile - think F1 height of body it wont work well. What is the car please?

[Edited on 22-6-20 by Chaz]

nick205

posted on 22/6/20 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Karting seats would not be my choice for use in cars. I built my son a soap box cart and fitted a kart seat a neighbour gave us. It fitted in there OK, but as mentioned had a very rear rake (laid back) to it. The soap box cart didn't have harnesses either and the kart seat wouldn't have allowed for them to work fir/work well IMHO. For a 7 type car I'd look for GRP seats with dedicated harness slots and more back and neck support.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.