Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cool Britannia
Confused but excited.

posted on 20/9/07 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Cool Britannia

An incident occurred in a supermarket recently, when the following was witnessed:

A Muslim woman dressed in a Burkha (A black gown & face mask) was standing with her shopping in a queue at the checkout.

When it was her turn to be served, and as she reached the cashier, she made a loud remark about the Union Jack lapel pin, which the female cashier was wearing on her blouse.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, "Yes, I always wear it proudly. My son serves abroad with the armed forces and I wear it for him".

The Muslim woman then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing and killing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

At that point, a Gentleman standing in the queue stepped forward, and interrupted with a calm and gentle voice, and said to the Iraqi woman:

"Excuse me, but hundreds of thousands of men and women, just like this lady's son have fought and sacrificed their lives so that people just like YOU can stand here, in England, which is OUR country and allow you to blatantly accuse an innocent check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen".

"It is my belief that if you were allowed to be as outspoken as that in Iraq, which you claim to be YOUR country, then we wouldn't need to be fighting there today".

"However - now that you have learned how to speak out and criticise the English people who have afforded you the protection of OUR country, I will gladly pay the cost of a ticket to help you pay your way back to Iraq ".
"When you get there, and if you manage to survive for being as outspoken as what you are here in England, then you should be able to help straighten out the mess which YOUR Iraqi countrymen have got you into in the first place, which appears to be the reason that you have come to OUR country to avoid."

Apparently, the queue cheered and applauded.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Gixer Indy
Contributor

Posts 85
Registered 18/7/07
Location Zummerzet

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a dislike for people using washers when im behind

posted on 20/9/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote

Flat out til you see God, then BRAKE!

Deckman001

posted on 20/9/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
About bloody time !!!!!!!
That man should be a new breed of politition !! Shame he'd get called a racist even though he isn't !!

Jason

omega 24 v6

posted on 20/9/07 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

That man should be a new breed of politition !! Shame he'd get called a racist even though he isn't !!

Sorry but supporting your country and the lads fighting over there ain't racist.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

thebull

posted on 22/9/07 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
well said that man. he says what most people are thinking.
violentblue

posted on 24/9/07 at 01:33 AM Reply With Quote
the U.S. is called a melting pot of cultures, in Canada, we call it multiculturalisim, but truth be told we're just a fruit salad.

that being said, I love my country, I have great respect for the diverse people and cultures reprisented in it, but the freedoms we have should not give licence to disrespect those same freedoms. Hey you have your oipinions, your welcom to them and your welcome to express them, but don't claim descrimination if someone has an oppinion differnt than yours.

a few weeks back there was a big deal made in the national news about a girls soccer (football for you confused folk) team from a muslim community center that entered a tournament and were told that they could not compete (for safety reasons) while wearing a burkha.
the coaches and team made a big stink and along with their boys team refused to play, even though they were told that they would be allowed to compete this time in the non-regolation headgear but next time would not.

now an I the only one to realise, or at least aknowledge outloud that they were aware of this before they even entered, and that they were infact more interested in making a statement on the national news than actually playing soccer?

My brother in law was raised as a muslim in africa, he also happens to be my best friend, his Home country is predominantly Muslim, but there are many christians as well as those with no religeous affiliation. He (a very educated man) probably has read, memorised and understands more of the Koran, bible, and other books on philosophy and religion than anyone you will ever meet in your life.
There people are not Muslims, in the true sence, they adhere to a sect that has vuage funishings if Islam, without the real content. Fear and manipulation is how they've been taught, so gues what, move them into a liberal culture where the population is several generations removed from similar tactics and no one seems to recognise that they're playing a different game from the rest of the population.

a few pics of my other projects

Simon

posted on 24/9/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
vb,

Good post. My sentiments exactly.

My sis-in-law is Muslim, and my oldest friends missus is Muslim. They both fit in the communities like a glove.

ATB

Simon

Confused but excited.

posted on 24/9/07 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
A very good post.
Just so there are no misunderstandings as to my feelings on the subject.
The only people that I am predjudiced against are;
Ponces.
Paedophiles.
Drug dealers and their clients.
Wife beaters.
Scum that attack the elderly.
Scum in general.
I believe 100% in the freedom to pratice any religion that does not cause harm to others.
I also have Muslim friends and they are very nice people.
What I object to are religeous extremists, or any extremists for that matter, who do not practice what they preach.
Certain 'devout' Christians break the ten commandments on a daily basis.
Genuine Muslims are peaceful people, not violent nutters.
If all these extremists and fundamentalists believed what they preached, they would be the first to strap on a bomb, instead of conning young kids to do it. It's politics not religion.
We should all remember that Muslims, Jews and Christians, all worship the same God.
You wouldn't credit though, it would you?

David Jenkins

posted on 25/9/07 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
We should all remember that Muslims, Jews and Christians, all worship the same God.
You wouldn't credit though, it would you?

Many years ago I read a translation of the Koran on this very subject (don't ask why!).

A rough summary is:

A muslim should respect jews and christians, as they worship the same god.

A muslim may marry a jew or christian (as long as the children are brought up as muslims!)

And quite a few more commandments in that vein.

There is a sect called the Ba'Hai (I think that's how it's spelled) who basically follow the Koran pretty much EXACTLY - you could never meet a nicer bunch of people: polite, non-drinking, and tolerant.
Unfortunately, the extremists have called them heretics...

Too many horrible things have been done in the name of religion - all religions - to blame any one of them. For European Christians, the crusades weren't exactly a model of Christian tolerance and forgiveness...

roadrunner

posted on 25/9/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
My belief is , that the planet would be a more peacefull place if it was'nt for religion.

pjavon

posted on 25/9/07 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
I want to buy that man a pint

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

Confused but excited.

posted on 25/9/07 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate!

Oh, that man.

02GF74

posted on 26/9/07 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
My belief is , that the planet would be a more peacefull place if it was'nt for religion.

unfortunatley you are wrong. people are tribal by nature so people seek others like themselves to attack others that are not like them.

the reasons can be:
religion: jews vs muslims
race: black vs white
nationality: england vs germany
footall:arsenal vs totenham
music: mods vs rockers
cars: locost vs cateringvan
etc.

take away religion and something else will take its place.

Confused but excited.

posted on 26/9/07 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yes but our tribes are getting bigger.

They started family group size and are now up to 3 billion in one tribe( Chinese).

So if we can get the other 3 billion to get along firstly with each other and then with the other 3 billion, we've got it cracked.

The problem then, is to get all 6 billion to worship Colin Chapman!

violentblue

posted on 26/9/07 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner

Carl Marx thought the same thing. look at the mess he created.
Take any idea to its extreeme and things generally go to hell in a handbasket. unfortuantly thats the nature of extreemes.

a few pics of my other projects

t.j.

posted on 26/9/07 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
the basics off a religion is better then a non-believer.

The pricipal is easy and good.
- no killing, no steeling, don't screw around, take one day off every week, etc.

It's the nutters who make a mess.

Look at football, driving in car etc.

grtz

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

Confused but excited.

posted on 26/9/07 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
If we only get one day off a week, as you advocate, you won't be able to look at football, you'll be working.

t.j.

posted on 27/9/07 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
All-right then:

It is; don't work 7 days a week.
But he someone gotta do do job.
And I don't like football either

BTW: everyone has a religion these days
The believe that we can rule the world by saving CO2. And Ooooh if you are sceptic.

So maybe that are the new nutters

Read my opinion:
after 2012 the temp is lowering by the increase off the sun-activity, but the believers will say; Look we did it

[Edited on 27/9/07 by t.j.]

[Edited on 27/9/07 by t.j.]

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.