Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mondeo 4x4 Ghia - donor or daily driver
bimbleuk

posted on 19/2/08 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Mondeo 4x4 Ghia - donor or daily driver

I have for sale my very limited edition Mondeo 4x4 Ghia which I've been using recently to get to work.

I bought it off a colleague who wanted a change after owning it for a couple of years. I was interested in the 4x4 aspect and had ideas of donor bits from it. Even the possibility of a V6 conversion!

As it turns out the car just needed some basic servicing such as rear roll bar drop links, a thermostat and an auxiliary belt to pass the MOT with no failures. So its now quite a tidy car for its age and is a very comfortable drive.

The 4x4 bits come from the Ford RS 2000 4x4 so services parts are readily available such as the rear roll drop links mentioned above at £8 each! There is traction control and the grip is noticeable in the wet compared to a typical FWD.

The engine is a Zetec 2.0 16V with 130K miles on it. I changed the oil, filter and coolant when servicing the car for the very recent MOT (11 months left). Currently has 6 months road tax on it too. Being a Ghia it has refinments such as a decent interior with comfy seats (driver has electric adjustment). Fully adjustable steering column, abs, pas and a few other toys. Even has real fake wood if that's your thing!

Looking for £395 or a reasonable offer. I'm in Gloucestershire so U2U me or email me at ukbimble@yahoo.co.uk for any questions.

[Edited on 20/2/08 by bimbleuk]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/2/08 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
LOOK OUT!! Rescued attachment THING.JPG
Rescued attachment THING.JPG

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bimbleuk

posted on 19/2/08 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Nah just my one eye'd three legged Striker!
adithorp

posted on 19/2/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I had one in work recently with a rear drive shaft gone (splines in the outer joint and shaft corroded and worn away to nothing). Couldn't get a shaft for it or joint. No longer serviced and although similar to others it is a one off! We ended up putting a Granada one on (slightly longer but just went in) altough we didn't like doing it that was the only choice.

Don't know how it'd work as a donor rear end though as it has a tortion tube like a Skuby.

adrian

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 19/2/08 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'v just sold my Mondeo 4x4 ghia with 10 months mot, 110,000 miles, service history and all old mots. I wont tell what i got for it as it was cheaper than yours

The Freelander in the background is for sale as its blown a head gasket The Land Rover 90 is also for sale as its a pile of poo

bimbleuk

posted on 19/2/08 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't expect to sell it for that price but if someone offered a quid for it I would describe that as unreasonable

If you were to use the whole subframe as a donor part then you should be building tractors not kit cars! The rear diff is all aluminium from what I could see.

Theres also the gearbox which is an MTX with a transfer case bolted to the output. The Zetec engine might come in handy if you want your kit car to move! Oh and other nice parts like the Cossie size brakes which were recently renewed.

Plus the whole lot is able to be driven home and the chassis is worth money to the scrappy! So maybe not such a bad deal.

[Edited on 20/2/08 by bimbleuk]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.