Board logo

WANTED: Two conroads for sculpture (Can be bent)
computid - 21/10/14 at 11:37 PM

Hi all,

A biker mate of mine recently passed away in an accident and a couple of friends want to make a permanent memorial at the crash site. For this they need a couple of conrods. Preferably a big one and a little one but they'll take what they can get.

More then happy to pay postage or collect from anywhere around the Beds/Herts/Bucks area. Not worried if they're bent or damaged in some other way.

Cheers

Adam

Andybarbet - 21/10/14 at 11:44 PM

I'm in North Herts & have some on my scrap zetec lump if it's any good to you ?
I think they are still fitted to the engine so would need removing.
There's no head or sump on it but you are welcome to pop round & remove bits from the block.

I will need a couple of days notice to clear the shed first though :-)

r1_pete - 22/10/14 at 07:13 AM

I've some 70s CB750 rods, one would probably do the 'small', with the Zetec above as 'large'.

I'm a biker too, so no problem chucking a couple in the post.....

Benzine - 22/10/14 at 07:35 AM

Got some volvo straight six rods sitting on my shelves if any use, could post?

Non custom - 22/10/14 at 08:25 AM

Mate wish you were a bit nearer as have a scrap Subaru wrx crank and rods would have gladly give ya
Great idea and condolences aswell

Andybarbet - 26/10/14 at 02:36 PM

zetec con rod
zetec con rod
This is the size in comparison to a lighter.

Just found the block & pistons/con rods already removed, let me know if you still need one or two.

They are here if you need them.

Andybarbet - 31/10/14 at 09:23 PM

Hi Adam,
Great to meet you both the other evening, good luck with the memorial, kids enjoyed some sweets (thanks) & good luck with the projects, you seem to have a lot more than me !

computid - 3/11/14 at 10:33 AM

Hi All,

Sorry for not updating this as quickly as I would have liked to. The last week has been mental!

Thank you so much to all those who offered and an even bigger thank you to both Andybarbet and r1_pete for donating con rods to the project. It really is much appreciated.

I'll post a photo of the finished product when it's done

AdamB