Board logo

WANTED 7" lsd push in shaft
Weelee - 6/2/17 at 08:45 PM

Looking for 7" diff lsd with push in shafts get in contact if can help lee

[Edited on 7/2/17 by Weelee]

bi22le - 6/2/17 at 08:57 PM

Are you looking for a factory one? I was looking for one of these. I have a feeling that they dont exist. Ford LSD are bolt on only, but I may be wrong.

I was looking at an aftermarket LSD that then had better final ratio but then that costs more pennies.

chris - 7/2/17 at 12:14 AM

I ended up doing the full drum to disc converstion cos couldn't. Find a push in lsd so had to convert to bolt on

mcerd1 - 7/2/17 at 09:21 AM

most aftermarket LSD's can use push-in shafts though

Weelee - 7/2/17 at 10:53 AM

Right so I've got 2 option convert to bolt on how hard is that?
Or
Keep look out for a aftermarket lsd.

cr500dom - 7/2/17 at 01:11 PM

Can the bolt on lsd just be used with push in shafts ?

MadMaxx - 7/2/17 at 02:55 PM

or put a Quaife ATB Limited Slip Differential in a non LSD Sierra diff with push-in shafts?

mcerd1 - 7/2/17 at 05:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Weelee
Right so I've got 2 option convert to bolt on how hard is that?

all the bolt-on sierra hubs are the disc brake type so assuming thats not an issue and your rear uprights / de dion tube will accept the bolt-on hubs without mods then its just a case of swapping over the whole lot (hubs, shafts and brakes)

it is possible to mix and match a bit, but you'll find small issues like the different diameters of hubs and bearings etc

quote:
Originally posted by cr500dom
Can the bolt on lsd just be used with push in shafts ?

not unless you make hybrid shafts - but that will depend on you having the right type of push-in ones so that the bolt-on CV's will fit on the splines
these work, but the miss-match of CV types will cause them to wear out faster (not normally an issue for the miles most of our cars do)

even if your push-in shafts have the same splines as the LSD's bolt on stubs - the retention method is different and ford LSD's need one short and the other long (push-in one are both a medium length)

[Edited on 7/2/2017 by mcerd1]