Board logo

Anybody Seen This ?
perksy - 23/6/16 at 10:07 PM

Anybody seen this

Allegedly it's based on a Dutton ?

Kit Car- unique Mercedes style (Ford Pinto 2000cc engine/Dutton base) - FULL MOT

rdodger - 23/6/16 at 10:28 PM

That's ugly enough to be a Dutton!

Nickp - 24/6/16 at 04:49 AM

I actually quite like bits of it. Looks like a fair bit of skill / time / effort has gone into the build / conversion.

Or maybe I just need a slap?

Slimy38 - 24/6/16 at 05:57 AM

It looked quite creative... until I saw the spoiler. At least it's doing what it says, it's completely spoiling it!!

I think with only a little bit of extra work to stick with the main Mercedes concept that could actually become something to admire. Seats, spoiler, maybe a slightly different front end, wouldn't need much.

hizzi - 24/6/16 at 06:04 AM

i think it would look much better if the whole car was in period. bin the spoiler fit wire wheels and old style seats, at the moment its neither old or modern looking. think it has potential

hkp57 - 24/6/16 at 06:08 AM

907 - 24/6/16 at 06:48 AM

Not my style, and it would probably get my "thumbs up for effort" if,

and it's a big if, it wasn't for the ten million pop rivets.

OK, they have their place; preferably where they're not seen, but not all over a bonnet.

I've got 12 on my car. They hold the end on my repackable exhaust can.

Paul G

MikeRJ - 24/6/16 at 12:44 PM

I quite like the vintage styling, but the spoiler and especially the grill are hideous and don't fit in with the rest of the theme. A tall narrow grill more typical of a 1930's special would be a far better fit.

Needs a set of (non-shiny) wire wheels as well, not modern alloys.