Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ST170 oil filter nipple
hughpinder

posted on 11/1/18 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
ST170 oil filter nipple

Hello All,

I am after the nipple that screws into the engine block of a ford ST170 engine for the oil filter to screw on to. I didn't notice that it wasnt there when I bought the engine. The nipple is 3/4 UNF on the filter side and (probably) 1" UNF on the block side. I have one from a standard zetec E, but unfortunately that is 3/4 UNF both ends!

Does anybody have one laying around? (obviously doesn't need to be a ford one as long as the threads are right). I called ford thinking it would be a couple of quid max,- £142 inc VAT!!!!! I could have one made for about 20!

Thanks
Hugh

peter030371

posted on 11/1/18 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry can't help directly but I thought the ST170 was a Zetec just with VVT added so will the oil filter fittings not be the same?
hughpinder

posted on 11/1/18 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
I thought so too, and since I has a standard 2.0 silvertop sat on the drive I whipped the nipple out - it is 3/4 unf both ends and is much too small on the block end. I measured that as 1" to the outside of the threads, so I am guessing it is 1"UNF (couldn't find my thread gauge to check)
Daf

posted on 11/1/18 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
The ST170 has an oil cooler take off as standard, I ditched this and fitted a rover K-series oil filter. Is it the thing in the picture below you're looking for?

hughpinder

posted on 11/1/18 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
yes that's it - I had assumed the filter span onto a thread as on as 'normal' engine.

I assume you had the threaded bit to attach your filter to!

Thanks for that info
Hugh

Daf

posted on 11/1/18 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry about the terrible picture - it's dark in that corner of my shed!

The take off plate comes with a female thread the same as the inside of an oil filter and a sleeve with another male thread on the other end for the actual oil filter. I ditched the lot!

You're welcome to the one in the picture - the block is in the corner of my shed storing brushes! If you PM me your address I can pop it in the post for you.

Cheers

Daf

hughpinder

posted on 11/1/18 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic, I'll take you up on that offer.
Sent my address using U2U.

Thanks
Hugh

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.