Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Classic mini engine
Shooter63

posted on 27/9/20 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Classic mini engine

A bit of a long shot but has anybody got a classic mini engine knocking about they don't need, it doesn't have to be complete, just a short engine will do, any size 998 up.

Cheers

Shooter

jrrsparky

posted on 29/9/20 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
I’ve got a 998 with an auto box, came out a 30k car
steve m

posted on 29/9/20 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
The mini engine with an autobox, IS NOT THE SAME ENGINE BLOCK, from a manual Mini setup

I know this for fact, as i did a mini conversion from a knacked auto box mini, my plan was to remove the auto box, and fit the manual box,
and back in the car, then do the pedals etc, easy one day job! NOT

Firstly, the auto box engine, does not have a dipstick hole on the front of the engine, and secondly the oil galleries dont line up with the gearbox,

I dont know if the auto engine can be made to fit, but i gave up, and trashed the auto engine, and fitted a normal setup, that i had in stock
Well, taken from another mini !!

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

ken555

posted on 29/9/20 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have one, 1380cc

But based in the NE of Scotland, delivery would be an issue.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 29/9/20 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
There was one advertised on Facebook yesterday
Shooter63

posted on 29/9/20 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
The mini engine with an autobox, IS NOT THE SAME ENGINE BLOCK, from a manual Mini setup

I know this for fact, as i did a mini conversion from a knacked auto box mini, my plan was to remove the auto box, and fit the manual box,
and back in the car, then do the pedals etc, easy one day job! NOT

Firstly, the auto box engine, does not have a dipstick hole on the front of the engine, and secondly the oil galleries dont line up with the gearbox,

I dont know if the auto engine can be made to fit, but i gave up, and trashed the auto engine, and fitted a normal setup, that i had in stock
Well, taken from another mini !!

steve

The differences are no dip stick hole, you have to drill the oil way through and fit a spacer behind the oil pump.

Shooter

rusty nuts

posted on 29/9/20 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Been a long time since I did the BMC course on transverse autos but there are way more differences between a manual and auto version , oil feed to the gearbox for one
steve m

posted on 29/9/20 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hence why i posted

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.