Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wiring help
dangerousbrian

posted on 11/8/13 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Wiring help

Is there anyone on here who actually enjoys wiring cars up and would like to take on the wiring for me?

It's got to the point now where I have lost all patience with it and wasting hours for very little gain. So far I have headlights, front indicators, engine running and that's about it. I'm due to be away on and off for the next 3 and a half months which will mean it will be December before I next have some time to take a look at it.

All I need is someone to tell me how much they want and to come and sort it. I live close to Warrington.

Cheers,

Bri

macc man

posted on 11/8/13 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Are you using a dedicated loom or is it one you have put together. I found it best to use a premier wiring loom which saved me hours of pain as opposed to a home made job. If I had more time Iwould be happy to help as I am not too far away. If you need advice please contact me. Henry.
dangerousbrian

posted on 11/8/13 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using a loom from rapidfit looms. Seems decent quality, problem is all the switches etc left from the previous persons wiring. Plus now the lack of time with me being away for the majority of the next 3 months.
macc man

posted on 11/8/13 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
I find the best way to tackle wiring is to break it down into small elements, get that right and move on to the next bit. It can be a daunting task if you are tring to make sense of old botched wiring. I tend to make wiring diagrams of what I want to achieve and try and match that to what is there already. Most older car circuits are fairly simple but new cars are a nightmare.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.