Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC Help identifying
dangerousbrian

posted on 4/5/15 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
BEC Help identifying

Could you help me identifying this please?

[img][/img]

Basicically i was at a trackday at bedford on Saturday, good day, car ran without fault all day. UNTIL my drive home.

Car was driving fine on throttle, but sometimes would not want to idle too well it also had at very light throttle a small hesitation almost as if you are running low on fuel or something similar.

I've given it a little check over today in the garage and it started straight away, idled fine for about 5 minutes or so then developed the stuttering idle and cut out, during the time that the idle was stuttering i noticed the nut on the top of the thing in the image turning back and to.

I've checked all connectors to this and it seems like it may have cured the problem (i think) but i'd just like to understand what this is to be honest and if it turns out that my problem hasn't resolved what the issue may be.

This is a 5VY R1 engine btw.

cheers,

Bri

[Edited on 4/5/15 by dangerousbrian]

CosKev3

posted on 4/5/15 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Not 100% sure but I think its your idle control valve by the looks of it.
minitici

posted on 4/5/15 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Probably the EXUP (exhaust) actuating servo motor.

Suspect that it will not be mechanically attached to your exhaust system but left connected electrically to avoid ECU fault codes and limp modes.

Rob3

posted on 4/5/15 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
That's the actuator/control motor for the secondary intake butterflies. It's normal for it to be moving a little at idle as the speed goes up and down but not massive amounts.
dangerousbrian

posted on 4/5/15 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, ok..... well hopefully checking all connectors etc has resolved it. I've read quite a bit online about TPS sensor problems on these engines that causes what sounds like very similar behaviour to what mine seems to have.

I'll see how it goes.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.