Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Have MK gone into liquidation?
f27

posted on 13/11/16 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Have MK gone into liquidation?

There is some talk on a Facebook Group about MK going under? Can anyone confirm this?

I've read a lot of horror stories about then recently, but my only dealings with them was Danny opening his workshop at 5.30am on a Sunday morning to weld me a new silencer onto my Formula 27 so that I could compete in a sprint day later that morning. I had never used them before, but was so impressed with his service that I've not bought an MK Indy and my F27 is for sale...

SOLD - F27 Blackbird, F27 ZZR1400, MK Indy Hayabusa, 3 750MC Crossflow Locosts, Ultima GTR - currently got a MX5 powered Locost racing car

CosKev3

posted on 13/11/16 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
If you've got Danny's number ask him is probably the best way to find out

Plenty of threads/users on here that have had awful service from MK

Dick

posted on 13/11/16 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I have not had any problems with MK contacted them for parts needed a short notice and had no issues with the delivery of them and all ways helpful with answers to questions
Kev99

posted on 13/11/16 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
They were open last sat when I dropped in for the odd part I picked up

also had 2 cars in there mid repair

jonabonospen

posted on 13/11/16 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
If someone has an invoice from them then it should have their registered company name, and probably company registration number. From this you can then find them on Companies House Webcheck and see what it says on there. I did search for "MK Sportscars" but it didn't find anything at all. Also looked on their website but just shows the name as "MK Sportscars" and doesnt give their company registration number.

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
chutley

posted on 13/11/16 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have checked a couple of invoices and it only has a VAT number. I don't think they were a Limited Company.

I would not be surprised if they have gone bankrupt - one look around the workshop and I was amazed they were still in business.

jonabonospen

posted on 13/11/16 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chutley
I have checked a couple of invoices and it only has a VAT number. I don't think they were a Limited Company.

I would not be surprised if they have gone bankrupt - one look around the workshop and I was amazed they were still in business.

I would think a business like theirs, that employs staff, has business premises, equipment, and I anticipate a fairly large turnover, would have to be a registered company.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
TimC

posted on 14/11/16 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
This might be a red herring (i.e. they've just crudely nicked someone else's text and not read it properly in which case that possibly tells you most of what you might need to know about their attention to detail) but their returns policy refers to www.ledlightsonline.com.

Sam_68

posted on 14/11/16 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I would think a business like theirs, that employs staff, has business premises, equipment, and I anticipate a fairly large turnover, would have to be a registered company.

Not necessarily - you can be a Sole Trader or a Partnership and still employ as many staff, and own as many assets, as you like. The downside is that if you do go bust, you are personally liable for all your debts, so stand to lose your house and any other personal assets as well as the company ones.

Only Limited Companies will show up on the Companies House website. If you're a Limited company, you're legally obliged to make it clear by using the word 'Limited' or 'Ltd' on your documentation and by showing the company registration number... it's a warning to your customers that if you go bust the Directors are only liable to pay back as much money as they originally invested in the company.

SCAR

posted on 14/11/16 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
M K SPORTS CARS are a registered non limited company according to Company Check
jonabonospen

posted on 14/11/16 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Just gone on Facebook to find the MK Owners page to see if there were any updates on there, but for some reason the group / page seems to have vanished?????

flanders

posted on 14/11/16 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
It's still there 'mk Indy owners' group. There's been a few posts about the issue but they keep disappearing

[Edited on 14/11/16 by flanders]

Kev99

posted on 14/11/16 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
page is still there

link

jonabonospen

posted on 15/11/16 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Just been and looked again and its definitely not there. Tried the search for "MK Indy Owners" and got no results, and also tried your link but that said content removed. If it wasn't pulled down before then it looks like it might be now.

ReMan

posted on 15/11/16 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'm a member and it's still live. Last post 3 hours wgo

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Adamirish

posted on 15/11/16 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, still there. Just had a look myself.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/11/16 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
whether you like MK or not you should be careful of posting rumors such as these as they can be very financially harmful to a company losing them potentially a lot of work and income
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 15/11/16 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
whether you like MK or not you should be careful of posting rumors such as these as they can be very financially harmful to a company losing them potentially a lot of work and income

Ditto. Facts would be fine, rumours not helpful at all..

wylliezx9r

posted on 15/11/16 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Yes and equally so can deplorable customer service and ripping off charity track days.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

jonabonospen

posted on 16/11/16 at 01:43 AM Reply With Quote
It appears someone has blocked me from seeing the "MK Indy Owners" facebook page. Can see it fine wen not signed in to Facebook, but nothing there at all when I am signed in. Strange!

Seems even stranger that nobody from MK has either been on here or Facebook to clarify the situation if indeed there is no issue.

hkp57

posted on 16/11/16 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
From a fairly reliable source MK closed down last Friday.

Their Fabricator who was building chassis has set up on his own in the same building and will continue to build chassis and suspension parts.

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

CosKev3

posted on 16/11/16 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkp57
From a fairly reliable source MK closed down last Friday.

Their Fabricator who was building chassis has set up on his own in the same building and will continue to build chassis and suspension parts.

I bet that was squeaky bum time for SKC!

ReMan

posted on 16/11/16 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
If this is true, its sad but not surprising from the feedback I've seen in the last ~12 months, to the point of being embarrassed to own an MK where I would have previously promoted them.

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

sdh2903

posted on 16/11/16 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Sad if true but not a surprise.

It would be a great thing if SKC fully take over sales of the indy as the dealings have had with them have been great.

Toprivetguns

posted on 16/11/16 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
If true I hope no one has lost any money on a new build or parts.

[Edited on 16/11/16 by Toprivetguns]

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.