Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velosolex wanted
v8kid

posted on 23/3/17 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Velosolex wanted

Hi chaps,

Bit of a long shot but I fancy a velosolex to play with - anything going?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slater

posted on 23/3/17 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Get yourself the Ecotrax kit and build your own. Mine is still going strong after 6 years of use.

Check out some of the home builds in link below, some really good Indian stylee machines if you scroll down.

Link to Ecotrax gallery

[Edited on 23-3-17 by Slater]

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

voucht
Contributor

Posts 229
Registered 22/5/11
Location 1

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roadster on the road since november 2014 bu

posted on 23/3/17 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slater
Get yourself the Ecotrax kit and build your own. Mine is still going strong after 6 years of use.

Oh Lala ! You can't compare that to a Solex! (sorry for being a purist about that, I owned 2 of these beatiful machines when I was 14-17, like 30 years ago!, and they are unique! )

quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
Hi chaps,

There are a lot for sale here in France, of course:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/offres/languedoc_roussillon/occasions/?th=1&q=Solex&parrot=0

If it can be an option for you and you need help to contact sellers, let me know, I can try to help.

Be careful though, they are LHD

Gemini

posted on 23/3/17 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent V8Kid
v8kid

posted on 27/3/17 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by voucht
quote:
Originally posted by Slater

Oh Lala ! You can't compare that to a Solex! (sorry for being a purist about that, I owned 2 of these beatiful machines when I was 14-17, like 30 years ago!, and they are unique! )

quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
Hi chaps,

There are a lot for sale here in France, of course:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/offres/languedoc_roussillon/occasions/?th=1&q=Solex&parrot=0

If it can be an option for you and you need help to contact sellers, let me know, I can try to help.

Be careful though, they are LHD

LHD rats they look great value. How would I get them back will couriers take on unboxed bikes with engines in France?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
voucht
Contributor

Posts 229
Registered 22/5/11
Location 1

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roadster on the road since november 2014 bu

posted on 28/3/17 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
How would I get them back will couriers take on unboxed bikes with engines in France?

Yes, there are definitely companies transporting unboxed motorbike from France to the UK. You can also have it or them collected from the UK: it might be simpler to deal with an English courier than a French one.

v8kid

posted on 28/3/17 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Yikes!!

Just got a price - £370

SJ

posted on 28/3/17 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yikes!! Just got a price - £370

Ride it back

v8kid

posted on 28/3/17 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
quote:

Yikes!! Just got a price - £370

Ride it back

Too expensive - use at least 2 gallons of petrol for the 700 miles and the same again of brandy to revive me

Gemini

posted on 28/3/17 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
I know of one for sale that was recently refurbished that is in the UK with the necessary paperwork to get it registered. He wants £400 for it. I believe it needs a rear brake cable that broke recently.
Simon

posted on 28/3/17 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I got one of these from the same chap - message him, he's quite happy to deal outside of ebay and imports loads of them.

1957 Velosolex 1010 in good running order

Mine - velo660resto.blogspot.co.uk/

Loads on ebay

Get a pre 1960 and no mot or tax to worry about

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 28/3/17 by Simon]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.