Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A Ford X/flow 711M 6015 BA Bare Block
Deckman001

posted on 19/6/20 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
A Ford X/flow 711M 6015 BA Bare Block

HI all,

Am after a bare knackered block that's unusable so as light as possible, but needs to be stamped on the side with the above coding, and carries a readable engine number.
So, anyone got one that's thrown a rod and need the space ??

Jason

steve m

posted on 19/6/20 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
If only you had asked me that last year Jason

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

joneh

posted on 19/6/20 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I have an AA if you get stuck. I assume BA is the 1600 and AA 1300?
Deckman001

posted on 19/6/20 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,
Yeah, sadly I only bought it back this year so wasn't fully aware of the situation, Yes i think the AA is a different block type. But thanks anyway.

Jason

steve m

posted on 19/6/20 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
AA is a 1300 block,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

steve m

posted on 19/6/20 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
But Jason, remember what I said about the 1300 block ?? it could be useful after all

Deckman001

posted on 19/6/20 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
But Jason, remember what I said about the 1300 block ?? it could be useful after all

But isn't it an obvious block difference that an engineer would spot and know that difference ?

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 19/7/20 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Bump

Jason

Westy1994

posted on 19/7/20 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have one which I was keeping as a spare at some point, its not unusable however as all it needs is a rebore ( currently standard bore) and maybe the cam bearings replacing to be safe. It has the number still visible which starts RP, which is mid 70's from memory. I have the whole short engine actually, but once again the crank I was keeping for when I need it.

It sounds like you want a scrap block, if thats the case I would prefer to hold onto it.

Rich

http://stopjunkcalls.org.uk/forum

steve m

posted on 19/7/20 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Jason,

If you do find a block, or even engine, I can help you rebuild it to good standard, and cam bearings are very easy to fit

steve

Deckman001

posted on 19/7/20 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
I have one which I was keeping as a spare at some point, its not unusable however as all it needs is a rebore ( currently standard bore) and maybe the cam bearings replacing to be safe. It has the number still visible which starts RP, which is mid 70's from memory. I have the whole short engine actually, but once again the crank I was keeping for when I need it.

It sounds like you want a scrap block, if thats the case I would prefer to hold onto it.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Yeah I would prefer a block that can't be enjoyed anymore by anyone else.

Many thanks for the offer though, and I'll keep looking for a bare, knackered block.

Deckman001

posted on 19/7/20 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Jason,

If you do find a block, or even engine, I can help you rebuild it to good standard, and cam bearings are very easy to fit

steve

Cheers Steve, much appreciated !!

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 25/8/20 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Bump

Come on peeps, someone must know about an old engine that was blown up, removed and dumped at the back of their garden or garage ?

Jason

Westy1994

posted on 25/8/20 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
May I ask the question please, do you require an usable ( given some work) engine or a block for teaching or other educational purposes. Might help your quest?

http://stopjunkcalls.org.uk/forum

Deckman001

posted on 26/8/20 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, I am just after a failed block, ideally unusable so that it doesn't get wasted for why i need it.

Although am getting very near the point of having to buy a usable block of the same type just to get it's engine number as my block has been decked and the number was lost years ago meaning i can only see two numbers and no year letters

Jason

MikeR

posted on 26/8/20 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hypothetically speaking. ... I guess you need to stamp the number on your current block and get someone to confirm it. The difference between an aa and ba is 1 inch in height. Who is going to notice that? Who is going to know on the specific engine number we're talking about as means 1300 and ba1600, who is going to check with ford it's a legit number?. I appreciate the worrying as I'm certain I'd do it but I think you'd be fine.
Deckman001

posted on 26/8/20 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I am concerned that at the inspection test, an eagle eyed person notices that the block says BA and the number relates to a 1300 if the paperwork states 1598.

So would a bit of welder work and dremmel/grinder work relating to the BA area and getting a 1300 related number and altering my application to accommodate that change ? would an eagle eyed person notice the difference in height ?

Jason

steve m

posted on 26/8/20 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
No, they would not notice the differance , in height, , and if you were to make a alui shield to take the heat away from the exhaust manifold and starter,
that could cover the engine code ?

Cheaper tax as well, not that i know anything about such a thing

However i do wonder if SVa examiners ever come on a site like this? now that is THE QUESTION

steve

Deckman001

posted on 26/8/20 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
My stainless steel headers are welded to flat plate the completely covers the engine number place, so it can only be seen if the exhaust is removed, is this possible at an IVA test ?

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 26/8/20 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,
I have stripped back the area where the engine number is and have given it a good chemical clean up and I can now just about see the remaining digits !!

So i'll see if they can be seen in pics to show the IVA tester if needed otherwise I'll need to re-stamp them deeper.

Fingers crossed this will be my last hurdle now

Jason

[Edited on 27/8/20 by Deckman001]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.