Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted - Reverse sprocket English Axle
DavSki153

posted on 5/1/21 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Wanted - Reverse sprocket English Axle

I'm looking to try and get my BEC through an IVA. Part of this requires the addition of a reverse.

Does anyone have a Rear Sprocket for an English Axle available?

Any notable issues any of you BEC guys ran into with regards to the IVA Regs that I can try and resolve early?

ReMan

posted on 6/1/21 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
You would not normally find a sprocket for a live axel, as the axel moves as opposed to a irs where the diff is usually fixed and easier to link the power sorce to

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

DavSki153

posted on 6/1/21 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
You would not normally find a sprocket for a live axel, as the axel moves as opposed to a irs where the diff is usually fixed and easier to link the power sorce to

Ahh yes, thank you for pointing that out, looks like I overlooked the movement of the live axle.

I guess I need to fit the sprocket and motor on the engine side. May need to order a correct OD spur gear for clearance.

ReMan

posted on 6/1/21 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Either that or a split prop and reverse box

What BEC is this?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Edwardo

posted on 6/1/21 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I did actually find this when doing some research - I wonder how many times that massive sprocket ground out!

Lots have made it work at the engine end - this one has a sprocket sandwiched between the prop adaptor and prop (I hope Wyn doesn't mind me using his pic ) It does seem to make it quite a difficult job getting everything in though. This one has got round it by having the motor part sit in the tunnel and then connecting up to the sprocket through a reduction gear set :-

I've also heard a lot of people with electric reverse say they are a bit weedy and will give up at the slightest incline - but if it's just for getting through IVA I guess that's not so much of an issue.

As Reman has said tho - the 'easiest' way seems to be the split prop with reverse box, although they are not themselves without problems either I'm told.

ReMan

posted on 6/1/21 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
That would make a good sawmill, or an extra flywheel!

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.