Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2L i pinto cylinder head reqired
gregf27

posted on 12/2/05 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
2L i pinto cylinder head reqired

Hi all, anyone know where I can get a 2l injected pinto cylinder head from ? bit thin on the ground round the local scrappies in Shropshire!!
ta.

marshall

posted on 12/2/05 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
have youtry ebay its worth a go
locoboy

posted on 14/2/05 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
what year and model are the from Greg and i will keep my eyes open for you.

Col

ATB
Locoboy

DarrenW

posted on 14/2/05 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Col - the injected Pinto was used in the very last of the Pinto Sierras. Mine is from an E-reg (1988ish). I dont think there are many about. Ive been told its worth getting the full lump if in reasonable nick as they are supposed to have stronger rods and good for rebuilding into 2.1's (205 block).

flak monkey

posted on 14/2/05 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Col - the injected Pinto was used in the very last of the Pinto Sierras. Mine is from an E-reg (1988ish). I dont think there are many about. Ive been told its worth getting the full lump if in reasonable nick as they are supposed to have stronger rods and good for rebuilding into 2.1's (205 block).

Injection engine is better for tuning apparently yes. There's quite a bit about it in the Des Hamill book. The injection head has a better inlet port shape (the ports is also bigger iirc) so need less machining to get it to the best size/shape.
AFAIK all the injection engines were 205 block. Not sure about the stronger rods though...

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

DarrenW

posted on 14/2/05 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just ported my injected head as per hammil book (not quite as far as recommended but close). It was quite easy to do (used small die grinder with a £50 B&Q compressor - worked very well albeit slow going). Des does say that if you are going to port a head you dont necessarily have to start with the iS head first as any will end up the same shape after a lot of work. This suggests that for minimal work the standard head can be modded to flow as per iS head - the book is an essential read.

The Des book (Pg17) says the later cast rod is capable of withstanding 7K rpm on a continual basis (just). 7.5K with forged pistons but not on a continuous basis if engine is rebuilt regularly and rods changed. Earlier rods OK to 6.7K continuous.

Please dont take my word for it though, im no expert just have the book.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.