Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra front caliper retaining clip
bigandy

posted on 26/5/05 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra front caliper retaining clip

Evening all!

I'm just fitting some new pads to the calipers on my car, and I've discovered that the retaining clips are different on each side! The discs, calipers and caliper retaining brackets are to fit the 240mm vented disc setup, but the spring clip that stops the whole thing rattling needs to be different on each side.

On the one side the clip supplied with the pads fits (its a pressed flat steel part), and on the other it doesnt. Looking at the Haynes manual, it seems that the clip I need for the passenger side caliper, is a bent wire type clip. Apparently these were fitted to "later model" Sierras, so I'm confused. It seems the parts I have are half late model, and half early model!

Anyway, does anyone know where these clips can be bought separate from the calipers or pads?

Many thanks in advance!
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

flak monkey

posted on 26/5/05 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
These people will probably have what you want. Go to calipers and click 'associated products', they should be in there.

http://www.brakesint.com

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

bigandy

posted on 26/5/05 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey, I didn't realise they had a posh online shop now! I last looked there about 12 months ago when I was searching for some re manufactured calipers!

Cheers for the link though, much appreciated!

Andy

MkIndy7

posted on 26/5/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords sell the bent wire clip kind in a pack of 2 I believe obviousley one for each caliper in normal circumstances unlike yours.

I think they also do kits with all new springs for the rear drum/shoe setups as well if thats any use to anybody!

DarrenW

posted on 27/5/05 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Holfords have limited stocks of the fitting kits so i would het in quick if you need them for Sierra - i think they have been de-listed. I got mine with rear shoes at discounted price.

Caliper springs - i got recon calipers with new springs, they were both the same on each side. Bent wire type - teves caliper.

indykid

posted on 27/5/05 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
yup, all sierra stuff is obsolete, but there's still a sh*t load of it in group stock.

if your store does'nt have it, get them to try another locally, as they probably will, but you stay away from yorkshire! also, just because it's obsolete doesnt mean it is not restocked, for some reason.

recently chasing bearings, i struggled, then a local store got 5 in their delivery. jackpot, straight into pat's hubs.

just pester them, as the price is right in the end, because it's obsolete.

front bearings, all models £10/kit, rear bearings lobro shaft, £10/kit, tripode shaft, £17/kit as it fits other cars. front caliper springs ar a couple of quid if that, and rear spring kits are about £4, local factors wanted a tenner

just fyi, no plug particularly, just good prices.

tom

bigandy

posted on 27/5/05 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
A trip to halfords at lunchtime is called for then!

I've come to the conclusion that the car I had all the brake bits off, must have been a frankenstein car put together by Ford!

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.