Board logo

ECU
JohnH - 3/3/17 at 03:36 PM

Just after a bit of help, I've got myself a Emerald ecu, but iam looking at getting the wiring harness to go with it, but iam not sure which harness would go with it. Iam building a Aries locost, with a 1.8 blacktop Zetec on injection. I was wondering if there off the shelf harness from the Westfield would fit mine ?
I have rang Emerald, but I think iam more confused now.......

Daf - 3/3/17 at 04:18 PM

I used the generic loom from Emerald, I had to make some modifications to make it neat in my car like shortening some bits and lengthening others. You should be fine with the generic Westfield loom

rusty nuts - 3/3/17 at 06:24 PM

Or buy the multi plug,connectors from Emerald and a load of different coloured wire and build your own custom loom. Make sure you make a note of which wires go where

JohnH - 4/3/17 at 08:38 AM

Thanks, I was hoping to get a full loom,as iam not good with wiring........ Cheers 👍🏻

Daf - 4/3/17 at 08:41 AM

If you weren't so far away I'd come help, I love wiring!

rusty nuts - 4/3/17 at 09:32 AM

I hate wiring and electrics but still found wiring up my ECU straightforward. Also making your own loom means you don't have to chop or extend an existential nag loom

Badger_McLetcher - 4/3/17 at 11:33 AM

Unfortunately I think whatever loom you get will need some modification, so it comes down to what is easier - trying to modify an existing loom, or making a new one?

I made my own loo m as well. It's not too difficult once you get into it, you just need to take it slowly and check what you are doing. I found that zip-tie labels are quite useful for making sure the wires go into the plugs as they should.

JohnH - 4/3/17 at 04:30 PM

Thanks, might speak to emerald again to see how much the plugs are and see what making my own world be like. Thanks again 👍🏻