Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: On eBay: My weird electric trike project
Stuart Walker

posted on 16/6/20 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
On eBay: My weird electric trike project

If you need a laugh on a Tuesday morning, my attempt to create the future of personal mobility is for sale...

http://ebay.us/1pASdD?cmpnId=5338273189

[img]P1 060787 by Stuart Walker, on Flickr[/img]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Northy

posted on 16/6/20 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
That looks really cool!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ettore bugatti

posted on 16/6/20 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty cool, what are the specs?
Stuart Walker

posted on 16/6/20 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. Combination of an old ski machine, golf buggy motor and bike bits. Someone said I should call it a Sinclair Ski 5

Motor is 750W. 1000W controller (I tried with a 700W rated one and it caught fire!) and 2 lead acid batteries. It needs a bit of finishing - chain currently jumps off as the derailleur isn't set up, and the turning circle is a bit rubbish, but it might be fun for someone to do something with!

I need to focus on my car

[Edited on 16/6/20 by Stuart Walker]

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/6/20 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
How do you get your feet all the way up there? The best wheels to use at the front are BMX 20" with 14mm axles, these are the strongest options for a trike. Personally I would suggest keeping it and finishing it after all that work and then getting some fun out of it.

[Edited on 16/6/20 by Mr Whippy]

Stuart Walker

posted on 16/6/20 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah it's possible, maybe not the most comfortable but it does work! Yes, 20" BMX wheels would be perfect, that and a magic pie motor on the back would take out tonnes of work! If I did it again that's what I'd use.

So I know exactly how I'll build my next electric scooter, but I just can't take this one all that way... and I really want to get the Locost done this year. I'm traveling light - sold 271kg of "useful bits of steel" to the scrap man yesterday

jacko

posted on 18/6/20 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
I saw a bike similar to that last weekend it was on a country road with long grass and big hedges I don't know how I missed running over it they are to low and slow to get out of a tight spot

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.