Board logo

2 seats for MOT
Tartanpimpernel - 14/7/10 at 12:26 PM

Have just finished reworking the interior of my car and only plan to have a drivers seat, will I need to install a passenger seat+belts to get the car through an MOT ?

wasnt sure if there was any requirement for 2 seats with the PLG banding.....

cheers

-c-

Stott - 14/7/10 at 12:34 PM

No it will be fine
HTH

Stott

Tartanpimpernel - 14/7/10 at 12:41 PM

great!

thanks for the speedy reply stott

cheers

-c-

BenB - 14/7/10 at 01:51 PM

Confirmed. ain't a problem, I failed my first MOT but not for only having one seat / harnesses etc.... Only issue is if the MOT tester needs to use the tippytappy deceleration sensor to test the brakes (ie nowhere to sit!).

PSpirine - 14/7/10 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Confirmed. ain't a problem, I failed my first MOT but not for only having one seat / harnesses etc.... Only issue is if the MOT tester needs to use the tippytappy deceleration sensor to test the brakes (ie nowhere to sit!).

That's his bloody problem then innit! Sit on the bonnet

BenB - 14/7/10 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine
quote:
Originally posted by BenB

That's his bloody problem then innit! Sit on the bonnet

He stuck it in the footwell and of course as soon as I hit the brakes it slammed into the bulkhead. Gave me a seriously good level of braking though when it did

iank - 14/7/10 at 06:00 PM

Does it not come under the "if they can't test it they have to give you the benefit of the doubt" rule?