Board logo

Bolt + nut suppliers
clbarclay - 19/3/05 at 10:31 PM

Does any one know of a good bolts and nuts supplier. I need one that sells a range of metric and imperial, of known strength and in bulk.

Namerick site looks good but prices seem a little high and prices are for individual items.

Hellfire - 19/3/05 at 10:37 PM

Have you tried FAST FIX DIRECT they seem reasonable.

marshall - 20/3/05 at 09:15 AM

and screw fix give them a look

clbarclay - 20/3/05 at 10:52 PM

Fast fix direct seem the part. screw fix i've come across before but they say so little about there bolts/nuts actual specification (strenght or thread size) and only do metric.

barraw - 21/4/05 at 10:52 PM

I've just had to find a 3/8" imperial UNC thread with 16TPI bolt - seemed impossible. There's someone on ebay who offers very good prices and very helpful service, offer small numbers of bolt not just bulk. He sells other stuff too useful for builders.

try this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7967311583&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

ned - 22/4/05 at 08:30 AM

i've had a lot of stuff from namrick whcih i thought were quite competitive and have a good range. namrick.co.uk iirc..

Ned.

flak monkey - 22/4/05 at 08:58 AM

Screwfix are cheaper than both Namrick and Fastfix on all but a few odds.

All of the bolts on screwfix will be 8.8 spec (they are advertised as high tensile), the machine screws (bolts threaded all the way to the head) will be the same. Assuming you dont want the A2 or A4 stainless bolts.

The SHCS whill be 12.9 rated as is standard.

Fastfix are cheap for Rivnuts though, as Screwfix dont stock them. They are also good for the imperial/fine metric bolts that Screwfix dont stock.

David

liam.mccaffrey - 22/4/05 at 11:29 AM

try
ekp supplies

meant to be really good, not tried em myself though

Peteff - 22/4/05 at 01:03 PM

I've got a dealer called Permafast quite nearby who keeps most stuff in stock but he can get stainless quite reasonably if he doesn't have it in. If you don't want a recipe (receipt) the stuff is even cheaper, it's amazing what you can get for their minimum charge of £2

flak monkey - 22/4/05 at 01:34 PM

We have a fastenings place close to us at home too, which is handy, and its certainly cheaper than mail ordering stuff. (They have no minimum charge either) Worth checking the yellow pages for places close to you before you order stuff online.

David

splitrivet - 22/4/05 at 03:35 PM

The supplier near me is a bit like Petes, you can get a big bag of whatever you want for a couple of quid.
The guy behind the counter says the big firms they supply subsidize the guy walking in off the street.
Cheers,
Bob

wilkingj - 22/4/05 at 07:26 PM

A few other ideas on the thread I started.

The trader I used, tried to deliver today and I was out, now I have to wait until Monday Grrr But fairly quick!!

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=25196