New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dore Westbury mill for sale
mark chandler

posted on 24/4/20 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Dore Westbury mill for sale

[youtube]https://youtu.be/N-cpjZFuFpA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Z5UrJNfXF2w[/youtube]

Converted to CNC running MACH3

Easy to put back to manual if required, with the motors powered down you can wind by hand. I have installed thrust bearings X & Y backlash is around 0.1mm, the Z around 1mm although a stronger spring would probably sort this out.

I,m after £750, it’s on a steel table with casters, the machine itself is in very good condition, previous owner used it to make model steam engines.

Reason for sale, I made this to learn a bit about CNC - so enjoyable I am replacing with full sized XYX mill so I can do cylinder heads etc which I will collect once the travel restrictions cease.

It’s heavy but does break down into smaller pieces to go into a car.

Any interest before it goes on eBay?

Cheers

Mark

djtom

posted on 25/4/20 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
I might be interested in that Mark - I've been after a small mill for a while now, hadn't really considered CNC but that would add another aspect to the fun! Where are you based now? I'll PM you to discuss further.
Tom

mark chandler

posted on 25/4/20 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Tom

I live near Newbury these days, these are quite small but as long as you are not in a hurry good fun and will not take up a lot of space.

Trust me, turning wheels by hand is very boring, CNC is quite quick to pick up and fascinating to watch, really good for repetitive work - easy to break tools by not lifting before traversing!

It will come with PC, stand and some tooling to get you going.

Cheers

Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.