Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 919 vs. 929 Blades - specs ?
gixermark

posted on 18/8/09 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
919 vs. 929 Blades - specs ?

Hi Guys,

trying t get actual power/torque figures for these two engines...

i thought the power was within a few HP - but looking at MCN tech specs they give

128hp/58 ft/lb for the 919cc

152hp/76 ft lb for the 929cc

anyone have any other figures ? or better still rolling road comparisons for std engines ??

the_fbi

posted on 18/8/09 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.honda-fireblades.co.uk/specifications.html
gixermark

posted on 18/8/09 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for link....

strange that figures vary so much... the 7hp sounds closer to what i'd expect... but would like to know whether the other figure of 152bhp comes from in MCN.....

Mmmmnn

franky

posted on 18/8/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
on a motorbike.... with full systems my old blade made 118bhp at the wheel and my following 929 made 130bhp at the wheel both set up on a realistic rolling road. The 954 then made 147bhp but I think the gearbox's have a dodgy 2nd/3rd gear. These were all on the same dyno but over a few years.

Best bike engine bar my current bike was a honda sp1 which made 135bhp but at lower revs and with more torque. Should really be better in a BEC.... you also get HRC on the crank cases too!

I'm looking out for a morini corsaro engine as thats what my bike is at the minute... that makes 145bhp at the wheel at 9000rpm. if you put the dyno curve over a 'busa' it makes more power and torque till it runs out of revs

Plus it sounds like rolling thunder

gixermark

posted on 18/8/09 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
cheers - thats a fair bit more for the 929... interesting.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 18/8/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I ran a 929 rry in my 1st Indy,they are a great engine,the main difference with the 929 over the 919 is that it was the first of the fuel injection engines,although did not produce much extra power over the 919's,mine made 124bhp at the wheels with a power commander and a race can.
The main thing is if your thinking of fitting one of these engines is to ensure you have a matched ECU and key,as it has the HISS system fitted,and will not start without it,and cannot be easily bypassed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.