Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calling all machinists!! lol
prawnabie

posted on 30/8/09 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Calling all machinists!! lol

Hi guys

Im desperate for a part to be machined up for my crossflow.

I have spacers between the exhaust maniold and the head to clear the manifold away from the starter motor. The middle spacer obv does ports 2 and 3 together. The spacer I have has 1 elongated hole in it instead of 2 seperate holes. This is causing the exhaust manifold gaskets to split and blow - I am getting about 1 week to a set of gaskets at the moment lol.

I need another steel spacer machining which is basically a 15mm thick centre inlet manifold gasket with 2 holes not 1. I have a rolling road session on friday and could really do with it for before then!!!

I have included a pic below (Or I will have in a minute!) If anyone can help, u2u me a price and I can pay you straight away.

Thanks

Shaun

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 30/8/09 by prawnabie]

the_fbi

posted on 30/8/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Download eMachineshop from http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/Download/page100.html

Its a really easy to use, but very good, package and can export dxf files which will pretty much work (for importing) for every machineshop.

You can also visualise your part in 3D too, which is cool.

Then email the DXF to a few waterjet companies, 15mm should be feasible and if you can find one locally then a cheap cash job as you've done the hard part.

I know Jack Green Engineering could do it for you, but their minimum order charge is £50 + VAT so unless you want a load of parts doing it'll be expensive. If you can draw up a number of parts which need the same 15mm material then they may be a good solution.

Somebody on here has access to a waterjet too, but I forget who.

mark chandler

posted on 30/8/09 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
I would just weld a bar across what you have and grind flush.

Regards Mark

prawnabie

posted on 30/8/09 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Gonna have a crack at that now mark cheers!
Peteff

posted on 30/8/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Put two pieces of exhaust tube in it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.