Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any LC1 experts out there?
adrianreeve

posted on 18/9/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Any LC1 experts out there?

I've just bought a second hand LC1, with two sensors, one used and one brand new. Guy I bought it from said he had been having trouble getting it to work properly, and when I put some power to it, not getting any signs of life. Are there any known issues with these, and if so, any fixes?

I have a vague recollection that someone said the first edition of the firmware was more stable than the second. If so, how do I go about re-flashing?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Adrian

flibble

posted on 18/9/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
had the same problem with a secon hand one, turns out that the controller is just plain dead Had to buy another... I learnt my lesson there about second hand electronics!!
From what I reqad when I had my problem it didn't seem to uncommon either unfortunatly.
Innovate do have forums on their website so you may be able to get some help there?
Linky

[Edited on 18/9/09 by flibble]

omega0684

posted on 18/9/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
i haven't had any trouble with my lc-1, have you tried the FAQ on the innovate website. remember to run free air calibration on the sensors before putting them in the exhausts. have you tried going back to basics and starting over with the wiring etc? could you possible have one duff sensor or worst both are duff?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
brianthemagical

posted on 18/9/09 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
AS above, start simple. Connect the LED as per instructions, then connect it to power and earth. Battery termnals will be fine but make sure they are powered correctly to eliminate them. If there isn't any life in the LED, then it'll more than likely be dead. Next port of call is connect it to a comp, see if it'll be detected. Only other option is set it up as per instructions, do all calibrations and such and then connect to a guage or ECU as per instructions and keep fingers crossd that it'll still give a reading.
the_fbi

posted on 18/9/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
iirc the early ones were "missing" a 380 Ohm resistor which caused them to die easily.
Chippy

posted on 18/9/09 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Innovate, (in the US of A), do a repair service, if it does turn out to be Fubar. From what I have heard their charges are pretty reasonable, and they upgrade to the latest spec. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

matt_gsxr

posted on 23/9/09 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Look on the brightside. If it is screwed then it probably means that both sensors are good.

As the sensors cost upwards of £50 you may not be too much out of pocket.

New LC-1 is $134 from these guys:
http://www.maperformance.com/innovate/index2.html which was the best price that I could find.

Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.