Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone order stuff online from RS?
blakep82

posted on 29/3/11 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
anyone order stuff online from RS?

whats the postage?
they've got the usual nonsense of having to register to get any idea of post, but it seems to want my card details before i can see the complete order(?) but then i have this:

Delivery Type*
Next working day (despatch Wed,30 Mar 2011) – applies to stocked products only

Guaranteed Thu, 31 Mar 2011 before 9am - applies to stocked products only (delivered between 7-9am £19.95)

Guaranteed Thu, 31 Mar 2011 before 10am - applies to stocked products only (delivered between 8-10am £12.95)

so is it free delivery for 'next working day' then? unless i want to guarantee next morning deliver?
a bit confused.
i want to order some warning lights and a push button to match my start engine button. its this one from CBS, made by telemechanique, so i've been looking at these, one for oil pressure, one for battery, and a button for the horn

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

HowardB

posted on 29/3/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you have an RS account number then the best thing is to go to the nearest trade counter, and then collect. Easy if you happen to be passing here?

hth

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

tony-devon

posted on 29/3/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
next working day is always free in my experience, but Im an account holder

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 29/3/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Think its around a fiver... quite a lot if you are only ordering a few small bits.... rapidonline usually have better postage prices if you are only after some smaller generic parts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

blakep82

posted on 29/3/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
nearest RS trade counter is about 30 miles away, and about £15 in petrol in todays prices (will be double tomorrow lol)

as far as 'accounts' go, you have to register with them, but i'm guessing thats not an 'account' as such. i'd imagine it is free delivery, or it should state the price there shouldn't it?

[Edited on 29/3/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

tegwin

posted on 29/3/11 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Just checked my last invoice.... delivery was £4.95...... I have an "account" online, but not a "credit account" so pay by debit card...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

owelly

posted on 29/3/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
We have an account and next day is free.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisspartan

posted on 29/3/11 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Just make up a company name, open a credit account - no letterhead or anything seemed to be required, been having free postage for a year now to my home 'Engineering Firm' with home address, just direct debits at the end of the month, no minimum order value.
ashg

posted on 29/3/11 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
postage is usually £4.95

if you go to the trade counter and they havent got it in stock they take the payment there and then and post it out free of charge.

there is a trade counter within walking distance of my work. if they are only tiny little bits i can get them for you and stick them in a jiffy bag then stuff it through the franking machine so you dont have to pay the postage.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

blakep82

posted on 30/3/11 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
interesting, will have a go at making an account. thanks for the offer too ash, but i got a u2u from someone who might be able to sort me out, but if there's any reason why he can't get the parts i'm after, can i get back to you on that one?

thanks everyone!

rf900rush

posted on 30/3/11 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
RS Post for online for me is about a fiver.
I think it becomes free if you spend enough.

Rapid online is much the same for post but is free if you spend more.

don't forget all RS's prices are not including VAT.

Another car electrical supplier I have used

[Edited on 30/3/11 by rf900rush]LINKY

[Edited on 30/3/11 by rf900rush]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.