Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield on a 2 post lift
Rob55

posted on 10/6/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield on a 2 post lift

Hi guys

As well as building a westie, I am also renovating an old barn into a garage/workshop. I plan to put in a 2 post lift - was just wondering if anyone had pictures of a westfield/seven type car sitting on a 2 poster? Do you think it would require any brackets to be fabricated, or do they go straight on?

Rob

dray13dad

posted on 10/6/12 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Never had a problem putting my locost on a two poster at work.
Mark Allanson

posted on 10/6/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
the only problem I found was lifting the car by about 2" to get the pads under the chassis to lift. I used a trolly jack with the lifting pad removed.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

rusty nuts

posted on 10/6/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I've never had any problems
fazerruss

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Heres my Avon on my Werther 2 post lift. No brackets or owt required, just sts straight on. Only thing I need to do though is jack it up front and back to allow the arms to go under because of the lack of ground clearance.

Description
Description

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

Rob55

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder if it would be possible to recess the lift about 2" down into the new floor, to help with the lifting pad height?
GOJO

posted on 10/6/12 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
its easier to make some ramps from say 8" x 3" to roll the car onto to get the ground clearance up, Thats what i do.
rusty nuts

posted on 11/6/12 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob55
I wonder if it would be possible to recess the lift about 2" down into the new floor, to help with the lifting pad height?

Years ago I installed a new 2 poster in my workshop, I broke out the concrete floor and dug down 2 feet and then put in a new concrete base which was the thickness of the lift base below floor level, the lift was installed and then the base was then skimmed with more concrete up to floor level. Lift base was then level and getting very low cars onto it wasn't a problem. A lot of work but IMHO worth it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.