Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX10R valve retainer issue
Hakuraa

posted on 28/1/17 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
ZX10R valve retainer issue

Hi guys,
Can anyone help with an issue I have with my valve retainers on a 2007 ZX10R engine. Taken the head apart and I have broken pieces off several valve retainers, luckily the valves have not dropped but the retainers are toast. Surfing the net I have found this is an issue for the 04- 07 engines but the 08-10 engines come fitted with stronger/thicker retainers. Does anyone know if I can retrofit these stronger retainers to my 07 engine without valve clearance issues please.
Cheers,
Andy.

roadrunner

posted on 28/1/17 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know about the valve retainers, but I have fitted a complete 08 gearbox internals in to a 06 engine.
Hakuraa

posted on 5/2/17 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just for the record, if anyone else has this same issue with an 04, 05, 06 or 07 ZX10R engine, I have been in contact with MSS Kawasaki in Colchester and their advice is to fit standard spring retainers and collits but to tighten the clearances down to 0.11 inlet, 0.12 exhaust as it is the impact of the cams which are causing the retainers to move and then break, plus the fact that we are operating the engines at 10-12,00 rpm for most of the time we are on track which is not "normal" operation. Engine is being rebuilt in the next two weeks and we will see if all the work has cured the underlying issues post overheating.
roadrunner

posted on 5/2/17 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info Andy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.