Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engineering Tool Supply
NS Dev

posted on 13/1/05 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Engineering Tool Supply

I have seen a few comments (and thought the same myself) about getting hold of engineering tools wihout peeing around all over the place.

A very good supplier (we use them at work for out tool supply contract, a very big contract at a stel rolling mill!) is Cromwell Tools, http://www.cromwell.co.uk

these will post stuff, you can collect from nearest branch, are really clued up and do a HUGE catalogue (you know, limitless amounts of stuff right down to a vast array of carbide lathe tooling etc etc) and the catalogue has prices in it (hooray, a first for a major tool supplier there!) and they are generally very good. Not the cheapest, but they don't stock crap, just quality engineering stuff.

[Edited on 13/1/05 by NS Dev]

Hellfire

posted on 13/1/05 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
I have seen a few comments (and thought the same myself) about getting hold of engineering tools wihout peeing around all over the place.

A very good supplier (we use them at work for out tool supply contract, a very big contract at a stel rolling mill!) is Cromwell Tools, http://www.cromwell.co.uk

these will post stuff, you can collect from nearest branch, are really clued up and do a HUGE catalogue (you know, limitless amounts of stuff right down to a vast array of carbide lathe tooling etc etc) and the catalogue has prices in it (hooray, a first for a major tool supplier there!) and they are generally very good. Not the cheapest, but they don't stock crap, just quality engineering stuff.

[Edited on 13/1/05 by NS Dev]

What steel rolling mill would that be then?

NS Dev

posted on 13/1/05 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Not a Yorkshire one I'm afraid, although we do get the vast majority of or raw billet from Stocksbridge and Rotherham/Thrybergh.

I work for Timken in Desford, formerly TI Tubes or Desford Tubes, now known as "Timken Alloy Steel Europe Ltd".

We are a seamless tube plant (the only full scale one left in the UK) and run a hot piercing mill and 11 cold reducing machines, producing seamless mechanical tubing. (about 1500 tonnes a week, so rather small in the steel rolling world!)

greggors84

posted on 16/1/05 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I was reccommended these by a mate who used to work for an engineering firm. Got a few things from them and they are always very helpful even if i am only buying one drill bit!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.