Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carbide burr recommendations...
jps

posted on 26/2/18 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Carbide burr recommendations...

Any recommendations for carbide burrs (6mm shank) that don't cost the earth?

Looking at something like Cromwell they can easily cost £25-30+ per bit...

Found these on eBay which look like they might suffice? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drillpro-5x-Tungsten-Carbide-Burr-1-4-6mm-Rotary-Cutter-Files-CNC-Engraving-Bit/152549098754?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT& amp;_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

nick205

posted on 26/2/18 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Can't say I've used burrs myself, but I have found that cheap files clog and blunt quite quickly. It may well be the same with burrs!
rusty nuts

posted on 26/2/18 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
I picked up a few years ago at Stoneliegh from one of the tools stalls cheaply for a one off job that are still going strong after loads of abuse . They have lasted every bit as well as the Snap On set I have.
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 26/2/18 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a job lot of pukka ones a while back, and could probably sort you some out at a reasonable rate if you're interested?

Let me know, and I'll see what bits and sizes I've got, and send you some details if you PM me an e-mail address.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

FuryRebuild

posted on 26/2/18 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a set from MachineMart - not the cheapest. They’ve been great. I’ve chewed through a lot of metal.

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

obfripper

posted on 26/2/18 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
If you've got an 8mm collet for your die grinder, there are procut ones on ebay that are good and cheap. I've got about 15 various ones and they've lasted better than ones from wurth and snap on.

Here's a few on ebay;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xprocut+burr.TRS0&_nkw=procut+burr&_sacat=0

Dave

mark chandler

posted on 26/2/18 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
What are you grinding, cast iron heads those are fine but if doing an aluminium they will clog in seconds, Google aluminium burrs as they are much coarser more like a mill end bit.

Use with lots of wd40 or similar

[Edited on 26/2/18 by mark chandler]

myke pocock

posted on 27/2/18 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
The ebay ones you have listed look crap. No actual cutting edge as far as I can see. Think they will just wear the surface away if your lucky. Buy good ones, it will be worth while. Ive done aluminum heads with mine and they have never clogged. Sorry don't know the maker though but they will be good quality coming from the supplier I got them from in Carlisle.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.