Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ball joint reamer.
injuneer7

posted on 13/9/20 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Ball joint reamer.

Anyone got a taper reamer for sale?

Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.”

indykid

posted on 13/9/20 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Are you making taper pins to suit the reamer you buy?

If not, you'll need to specify the taper you need...or at least know what balljoints you're using.

injuneer7

posted on 13/9/20 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, 7 ish. Degrees for maxi joint.

Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.”

big_wasa

posted on 13/9/20 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
So you're best bet is looking/asking for an Axminster Handy reamer. Its not a precision cutting instrument but it just so happens to make a dam good fit.
ianhurley20

posted on 13/9/20 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
The axminster reamer was brilliant but they don't sell them anymore but maybe a search will find one for you secondhand. I was luck and a very nice person lent me theirs, perhaps someone local to you may have one you could borrow if you ask about

injuneer7

posted on 13/9/20 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, all Axminster list now is a deburring cone. I'm making bushes to weld into my own suspension. Been quoted big bucks for someone to turn them. Cheaper to buy a HSS reamer and hang on to it. Still a lot more than the Axminster one was.

procomp

posted on 14/9/20 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. I offer the service of doing the job for locostbuilders FOC. It costs you the cost of uprights being posted to me and return.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
injuneer7

posted on 14/9/20 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, that's a more than generous offer. I'm doing bushes, not upright s. So, I'm getting acquainted with my mates modelling lathe tomorrow. Done them before , but a pain. Really appreciate the offer.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.