Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build Table
drmike54

posted on 8/6/05 at 12:59 AM Reply With Quote
Build Table

Here is a picture of my build table. I thought it would be nice to recycle the skid from my spa but it seems to be a little out of level. I varies by about 3/8 to 1/2 inch over the length. Should I put an MDX sheet over it and level it or build a new base from scratch? Rescued attachment Work Table small.JPG
Rescued attachment Work Table small.JPG

Started Welding the chassis!!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
200mph

posted on 8/6/05 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
personally.... new base.

the first thing I did was make sure it was completely flat, as any variations will make their way into the build, and although they can be compensated for, I always wanted to make it as accurate as possible.

and 1/2 and inch is quite a lot before you even begin.

all the best

Mark

DarrenW

posted on 8/6/05 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
"recycle the skid from my spa"

That comment got me confussed for a while - i take you mean your pallet off your bathtub - unless you are posh!!

I would say that as long as you can get a level base to work off you should be fine. Levelling that one off may work out as much hassle as starting from scratch.

NS Dev

posted on 9/6/05 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drmike54
Here is a picture of my build table. I thought it would be nice to recycle the skid from my spa but it seems to be a little out of level. I varies by about 3/8 to 1/2 inch over the length. Should I put an MDX sheet over it and level it or build a new base from scratch?

Interesting, I see you are in Akron Ohio, I will be visiting Timken in Canton for a week from 25th June to 2nd July........small world!

drmike54

posted on 20/6/05 at 01:56 AM Reply With Quote
Got a some of 4x4s and laid them on top of the skid "pallet" from my hot tub. The pallet has bent 1/2 inch down in the middle while it's been sitting there. I guess it doesn't have much beam strength. Built a new table out of 4x4s and 3/4 MDX. I should be getting my steel in the next few weeks. Then the welding will begin!

Started Welding the chassis!!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.