Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ac Tig welder question
Wadders

posted on 26/6/05 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Ac Tig welder question

Does anyone have any experience of the latest inverter type tig welders, something like a butters 200 amp, they look ok on paper and have the advantage of light weight and small supply requirements, but
what are they like to use?

Alternatively would i be better off with an older industrial unit such as a miller dialarc 250, i can get one that will run from 240v single phase, but its a heavy piece of kit (220kg) and needs a 60amp supply.

Both of them are around the same price but
the first is brand new.

TIA
Alan

Mark Allanson

posted on 26/6/05 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
I have used both, but over 10 years ago, the inverter was great except it was touch start (not a major problem) and had no throttle pedal - but I am guessing both are available on modern machines.

The choice probably boils down to bringing the work to the machine or the machine to the work

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

deneo

posted on 26/6/05 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
ac tig welding

i have used a lot of tig welders i use them all day log ihave found one of the best to be is the ewm ad/dc triton 220 amps and runs on 13 amp plug and is only 17 kg and the next will be the linlcon ac/dc is very good all rounder

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.