Board logo

St Neots to Brampton Hut 10th July
ChrisL - 29/6/16 at 09:40 AM

Anyone up for a blat on Sunday July 10th St Neots to Brampton Hut?

Meet Sunday 10th July at 7:45 for an 8:00 start:
Meet at B&Q St Neots with full tanks
B&Q
Priors gate
Eaton Socon
St Neots
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
PE19 8EL

Roughly and hour run with the finish at the Brampton Hut services for a spot of breakfast.
It'll be SKCC style so sat nav's and itinerary loads of info' here: http://www.southernkitcars.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44
U2U me for the .itn

1. Chris
2. hornetV2

Luego.2.0 - 29/6/16 at 10:18 AM

I'd be up for this as close by but it's my 40th that weekend and wife
Has got me tickets for grand prix.
Have fun though

Pojo - 29/6/16 at 11:31 AM

Would love to as Brampton hut is only 4 miles away, but the car is far from finished.

Worth considering that from Brampton hut you could go onto Kimbolton fayre, huge amount of cars will be there from Classic to supercars, its normally a great event with a traditional country fayre atmosphere.
http://kimboltoncountryfayre.com/

Enjoy, maybe next year

ChrisL - 29/6/16 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Luego.2.0
I'd be up for this as close by but it's my 40th that weekend and wife
Has got me tickets for grand prix.
Have fun though

Now you know you'd have more fun blatting with us than watching those quiet F1 cars and just think of all the sitting in traffic you have to do ;-)

@Pojo, good luck with the car, had forgotten about Kimbolton after it got rained off one year, glad to see it's back.

ChrisL - 3/7/16 at 08:12 PM

Bump

Pojo - 3/7/16 at 08:19 PM

I really am surprised at the lack of interest in run outs like this. Surely it is the reason we build/buy kit cars, to drive and enjoy them with like minded people. Trouble is with building, it always Akers considerably longer than xpected. Let me know if anyone is going to Kimbolton, would be good to chat and fire up my enthusiasm a bit

mk1storm - 3/7/16 at 09:14 PM

Hi Chris, would like to try and make this seeing as it's so close to me, but need to play it by ear - my son was born 2wks ago today (hence why I didn't sign up for the last run out you did or get around to replying to your thread) and I'd be killed if I committed to coming next Sunday. However, should the stars align, I'll try to make it! Will confirm later in the week. Cheers, Gary.

AndyW - 4/7/16 at 06:21 AM

Sorry can't make this one as car still in bits. Will pull my finger out and get it ready.

mk1storm - 7/7/16 at 01:16 PM

Still planning to come for the blat... Assuming it passes the MOT today.. Eek!
I normally go to Kimbolton in the Dax but this year for the first time due to the arrival of the nipper I'm probably going to go with him and the missus in the tintop.

ChrisL - 7/7/16 at 03:53 PM

I'm sure you'll be fine Gary, I'll mail you the revised .itn

Anyone up for a blat on Sunday July 10th St Neots to Brampton Hut?

Meet Sunday 10th July at 7:45 for an 8:00 start:
Meet at B&Q St Neots with full tanks
B&Q
Priors gate
Eaton Socon
St Neots
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
PE19 8EL

Roughly and hour run with the finish at the Brampton Hut services for a spot of breakfast.
It'll be SKCC style so sat nav's and itinerary loads of info' here: http://www.southernkitcars.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44
U2U me for the .itn

1. Chris
2. hornetV2
3. mk1storm

ChrisL - 10/7/16 at 08:04 PM

Run report:

Spot of drizzle on the way to the meet point was a bit ominous, however the meet point was dry. Met up with the other three and off we set. The first ten miles had a spot more drizzle, then it dried up. The roads were fantastic, lost of great corners of all sorts of varieties, I was even yelping in my helmet! Eventually, after a few good roundabouts, the fun had to end, just outside the breakfast stop we bumped into EATOC who were on their way to the Kimbolton show but we'd had our fun and were hungry.
All in all a cracking mornings fun roll on the next one!

mk1storm - 11/7/16 at 06:27 AM

Yeah cheers for organising it Chris, that was definitely the best drive out I've had in the Dax. After the bump/wet roads of the first few miles were done with, the roads became superb, good route choice! Nice to meet the other guys.
Look forward to the next one (assuming I get a pass-out from the missus again!).

hornetV2 - 11/7/16 at 06:42 AM

Ed and I really enjoyed that run out, the early starts and finishing off with breakfast let you get out on the roads while their quiet and still leaves you the rest of the day to do other things. Nice touch was it coinciding with the Kimbolton show as lots of interesting cars on the road (massive wave from the bloke in the Triking, and nothing at all from the miserable sod in the Cobra), but thankfully they were all going in the other direction

ChrisL - 11/7/16 at 07:42 AM

Thanks Gary, but I can't take the credit, it was all hornetV2's (Ian) work!

hornetV2 - 11/7/16 at 09:10 AM

It was a community effort.

First of all thanks to SKCC and Chris for introducing me to the "Tyre" routefinding software which puts the planned route onto a satnav, then thanks to Chris for organising previous blats and pulling together owners in the Beds/Cambs area. After that more than happy to help out with planning a route so that Chris can promote the blat on here and other forums.

It would be good to get a few more kit cars out. I know we set off a bit early, but its more than worth it for the quiet roads. Also the use of .itn routes on the sat-navs looks a bit daunting, but it means everyone can run at their own pace (a secondhand suitable sat nav can be picked up from e-bay for about £30 to £50).

mk1storm - 11/7/16 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisL
Thanks Gary, but I can't take the credit, it was all hornetV2's (Ian) work!

In that case, thanks Ian!

quote:
Originally posted by hornetV2
Also the use of .itn routes on the sat-navs looks a bit daunting, but it means everyone can run at their own pace (a secondhand suitable sat nav can be picked up from e-bay for about £30 to £50).

Yeah I need to get one that works with these .itn files. Unfortunately my Garmin satnav model doesn't take them and also as mentioned yesterday, although I can get the route into googlemaps on my phone, it won't let you then use that route for navigation (I use my phone for satnav the rest of the time).
I may well buy a 2nd had satnav for this purpose. Can you tell me what satnav models you are using? thanks

ChrisL - 11/7/16 at 11:17 AM

These links might help, but looks like a case of checking with the seller:

http://southernkitcars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5920
http://southernkitcars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4352

mk1storm - 11/7/16 at 11:54 AM

Great thanks Chris, I'll look into it...

hornetV2 - 11/7/16 at 12:03 PM

i have a used Tom Tom XXL bought off Ebay. Ed also has a used XXL off Ebay for £30. Buy it now prices are around £50.

These should all be able to cope with itinerary planning, but a seller can check for you as per the last post on the first link above.

mk1storm - 11/7/16 at 12:27 PM

Thanks Ian, yeah I've already taken a sneaky look on ebay for that model. Will see what I can get. Cheers!

mk1storm - 15/7/16 at 05:22 PM

TomTom xxl with the required route planning now in my possession... £42 off eBay, so happy with that.