2.8 gig min processor
80 gig min HD
512 memory
modem
Dvd re-writer (+&-)
seperate DvD drive
TV tuner
TFT monitor, 19" if poss

Where should I look and how much do you reckon?

Cheers

Chris

Benzine - 18/7/04 at 03:25 PM

If i were you I'd build it myself. I built mine with parts from www.ebuyer.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk

Glan Noye - 18/7/04 at 03:32 PM

I have just bought an E Machine from PC World with this spec but without TV tuner or monitor for £380,it comes with XP home.I am very happy with it,Glan.

pbura - 18/7/04 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
If i were you I'd build it myself. I built mine with parts from www.ebuyer.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk

This is the way for Locosters! I did this a few years ago. Read hardware reviews for best motherboard and CPU for my use, bought all the parts on eBay and did it! Everything but monitor for less than US$300.

It's easy; the motherboard manual tells you how to build the whole thing

Pete

Benzine - 18/7/04 at 03:45 PM

quote:

It's easy; the motherboard manual tells you how to build the whole thing

Pete

Yeah base the whole thing around the mobo and its easy

Peteff - 18/7/04 at 04:24 PM

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/web/index

They've got a shop in Sheffield. They do build systems but it's easy enough to assemble your own. Mines very similar to what you just quoted but it's a couple of years old now and only an amd 1800xp processor and a crt monitor. 19" TFT is going to bump it up by about £400. £981.46 with the 19" monitor and XP3200+.

chrisg - 20/7/04 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine

Thanks for the replys chaps If I were to build it myself, who would I punch in the face when it didn't work?

You didn't think that one through, did you?

Cheers

Chris

I think I'll go to the computer thingy with Charlie

[Edited on 20/7/04 by chrisg]

RoadkillUK - 20/7/04 at 07:19 PM

CCL Computers

You can pick and choose what you like and have it installed for you. Lead time is usually 7 days.

chrisg - 21/7/04 at 08:14 PM

splutter!!!

*spits tea*

£2.50!!!!!!

I'm not made of money!!!

Cheers

Chris.

PS I'll give you a ring Charles.

timf - 22/7/04 at 07:39 AM

chris

when you get to the door get snoopy to pay saying you left your wallet behind not that that excuse has ever been used before eh?