Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: iPad 3 keyboard/dock recommendations please
nick205

posted on 11/5/16 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
iPad 3 keyboard/dock recommendations please

Hi All,

I have a work HP Compaq nx4530s 17" laptop running MS Win7 pro. It's a good laptop in which I've fitted max (8gB IIRC) RAM and got a 300gB HDD. My issue is not being able to drive at the moment I walk for 30 mins each way between work and the station and I'm fed up with lugging the not inconsiderable weight each way.

I also have an iPad 3 setup with work email etc and would like a dock and keyboard to use it at home for work.

Looking on eBay there are many such items available between £10 and £50, but my question to you lot is what do other people use and recommend (or not)?

Your input will be useful and certainly appreciated on my part!

Thanks
Nick

craig1410

posted on 11/5/16 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick,

I can only recommend the one I bought which is this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Ultrathin-Keyboard-Cover-Generation/dp/B00835UQK8

Judging by the amazon user reviews it's not just me that would recommend it.

I think I bought it when it was full RRP of £89.99 but they are much cheaper now as you can see. I'm willing to sell mine, with original box in full working order with only a slight bit of scuffing on the underside due to it sitting on the desk. I don't use it any more as I have an iPad Pro now and it has a different type of smart keyboard case.

I'd be looking for £20 clear so depending on what postage service you want me to use it will be a few quid more than that overall. Anything less than that and to be honest I might as well just keep it with the iPad 3 which we still have but is only really used by my kids for playing games now. There are a bunch of these on Amazon used as well for as low as £14.37 so no worries if you want to go for one of those instead. Just let me know.

I can post pics too if you want. Payment would be by paypal.

Cheers,
Craig.

nick205

posted on 11/5/16 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Craig - I'll take a look and come back to you.

craig1410

posted on 11/5/16 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
No worries, I've posted a couple of pics in a folder on my photo archive.
nick205

posted on 12/5/16 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Craig,

It looks alright to me so yes please I'll take it from you.

U2U sent with details etc.

Thanks,
Nick

craig1410

posted on 12/5/16 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Replied to U2U.
nick205

posted on 16/5/16 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Keyboard received fast and works perfectly - it's changed my iPad habits already and opened the chance of using it to work from home too.

Thanks Craig!

craig1410

posted on 16/5/16 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah I use my iPad Pro 12.9" every day probably equally split between with and without keyboard and it's great. I found a fantastic little note taking app called 'GoodNotes' which works flawlessly with the Apple Pencil but I think it would work pretty well even with one of the capacitative styluses too on a non-pro iPad. The best feature for me is that you can do text searching for handwritten notes because it does OCR on your handwriting behind the scenes. I'm not kidding, it is really good and can even recognise my son's handwriting which I struggle to understand!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/goodnotes-4-notes-pdf/id778658393?mt=8

Glad you like the keyboard and thanks for saving it from a dusty death in the attic along with all the other pieces of electronics I couldn't bear to dispose of but never go around to selling!

[Edited on 16/5/2016 by craig1410]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.