Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: microsoft edge
theconrodkid

posted on 19/6/20 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
microsoft edge

Afternoon peeps, just turned on my compo and it seems microsoft have installed edge for me, so nice of them but they didnt ask if i wanted it,i am using firefox and quite happy with it, i dont have windoze 10 , mine is 8.5 i think.
so, could anyone explain in non tech terms, should i let edge out of it,s box or delete it and keep on with my faithfull firefox

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

steve m

posted on 19/6/20 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Conrod,

I use MS Edge all the time, and its pretty similar to MS Internt explore as have to as on WIN 10, and don't start me on that one!!

It seems to be fine, but for some applications Google Chrome performs better, but I don't like the layout of Chrome

What I don't understand is why these It boffins have to play about with the page layouts every now and then, if something works
LEAVE IT F*****G ALONE

Ive had my email account since tinternet started, and now and again. the whole format changes (for the worse) and it does my head in

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

v8kid

posted on 19/6/20 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've just swapped from Chrome ('cos chrome was giving weird results requiring constant restarts) to Edge and finding it much more stable.

Having said that it's not something to get excited about

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 19/6/20 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
so it,s six of one and half a dozen of the other ?, next q, if i install and dont like it, can i delete it and go back to firefox ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

SteveWalker

posted on 19/6/20 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Parts of Edge may remain after removal (Explorer certainly does, as it is integrated into the operating system), but otherwise, yes you can "remove" it. No need to anyway though, as you could just mark Firefox as the default browser. For reasons of compatibility with specific sites and for personal preferences on myself, my wife and our children, Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox are all installed on this computer. BTW, the latest version of Edge now uses the Chromium Engine, which is the basis of Chrome.
Slimy38

posted on 19/6/20 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
I started my computer, and not only had it installed itself, it had set itself to auto start and also cancelled all my file associations so it could put itself as the preferred application!! To say I'm peed off is an understatement.

I 'think' I've disabled all traces of it, but I'm not convinced.

nick205

posted on 20/6/20 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
My work PC, home laptop, kids 1x laptop and another kids 1 x PC are all Windows 10. All Microsoft updates up to date and all running Firefox web browser. No Edge in sight here. I'm not a fan of having stuff pushed upon me or my computers so if it was installed without me being asked first I'd swap back to Firefox. Firefox works just fine for my family and I.
theconrodkid

posted on 20/6/20 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the feedback peeps, duley deleted.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.