Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: whats the deal with google?!
blakep82

posted on 5/9/09 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
whats the deal with google?!

remember you could search for something, for example i'm watching "any which way you can" with clint eastwood, and a car on there reminded me of my dads chevrolet impala he used to have, so i looked for a picture. i opened google, and seached for it, then decided i wanted to search images, you can't just click images at the top now!

as soon as you click search on any of them, the rest disappear

[Edited on 5/9/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 5/9/09 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
scroll to the bottom of the page mate

Craig

blakep82

posted on 5/9/09 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
yep. then what? lol still not options to click web, images, video etc

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 5/9/09 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
you dont get this? just click on "image results" or +show options to get some videos? Rescued attachment chevy.jpg
Rescued attachment chevy.jpg

Craig

mookaloid

posted on 5/9/09 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
4th result down is usually image results. if you use that then the old 'across the top' choices are still there.

Like the 60's impalas

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

blakep82

posted on 5/9/09 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, but just above where it says google at the top, it used to say web, images, video etc and like from where you are on that page, you could click images, and it would just show images. now it seems you have to would have to go back, and start again

blakep82

posted on 5/9/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, they must have found this thread and saw my complaint, it seems to be back again...
Description
Description

edit: sort of... wonder if they're just doing some updates and i caught it at the wrong time?

gone again lol

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 5/9/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm, same is happening to me just now

jamesbond007ltk

posted on 5/9/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I had this this morning. Really anoying and it is still doing it.
The only workaround is to press back after doing your search and it takes you the google homepage but with your search text in the box. You can then press images etc.

(This assumes you started with the google homepage and didn't use google toolbar to search)

MikeRJ

posted on 5/9/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
hmm, they must have found this thread and saw my complaint, it seems to be back again...

I noticed the exact same thing a few hours ago, they are obviously messing around with it.

blakep82

posted on 5/9/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

I noticed the exact same thing a few hours ago, they are obviously messing around with it.

well they better just stop it

Tatey

posted on 8/9/09 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Very weird, im yet to notice it myself. But that might be because im using iGoogle.
britishtrident

posted on 13/9/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
remember you could search for something, for example i'm watching "any which way you can" with clint eastwood, and a car on there reminded me of my dads chevrolet impala he used to have, so i looked for a picture. i opened google, and seached for it, then decided i wanted to search images, you can't just click images at the top now!

as soon as you click search on any of them, the rest disappear

Strange co-incidence last night I was googling for a picture of a 63 Chevy Impala similar to my day had ! I had forgotten just how big it was. It was identical to the one the in the first series of "The Wonder Years" -- silver with a white roof and metallic turquoise upholstery :-)
This was the nearest I could find
http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6301.htm

[Edited on 13/9/09 by britishtrident] Rescued attachment chev6301.jpg
Rescued attachment chev6301.jpg

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

blakep82

posted on 13/9/09 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
^ ha ha cool! i think my dads was a 78 station wagon. not as cool as your dads, but it was still pretty cool for me as a 4 year old

i remember the electric window in the boot door, and the fold out rear facing seats in the back. it was pretty cool

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.