Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: No picture
ady8077

posted on 4/7/04 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
No picture

Hi all

When i went to turn on my pc the monitor didn't come on, i tried a spare and still the same. Unpluged the grafics card, couldn't see anything wrong, wiped the contacts and plugged it in and it now works

Any way to test if its faulty? Or could it be something else?

Adrian

britishtrident

posted on 4/7/04 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Mains conector worked itself out a couple of mm or the graphics card just needed reseated in its Pci or AGP slot --- Both quite common.
Also possible that someother card tried to grab the graphics cards IRQ -- tends to happen more with Nvidia chipset cards.

ady8077

posted on 6/7/04 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi again

Looks like it was my grafics card that is faulty, i have swaped it for an old one and my pc's working
Problem is i cant find the driver disk and im stuck in 16 colour mode, card had no mame on it only 3DFX, any suggestions on finding what card i've got and where to get drivers from

Thanks Adrian

pbura

posted on 6/7/04 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
The wonders of Google --

http://www.3dfx.com/

Pete

britishtrident

posted on 6/7/04 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Start by looking at the chipset should be a clue somewhere on -- then the nightmare begins getting the exact model. ATI cards are usually clearly marked as are S3 and Trio Just hope it isn't an Nvidia Riva/ TNT they can be swines to set up even with the correct driver because they among other things don't allow proper dectection of plug and play monitors.

If you can't find the manufactures site on Google try http://www.driverguide.com/ it usually has them --- don't apply for a user name to download you will just get spammed log on as user "drivers" with password "all"

ady8077

posted on 6/7/04 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Pete
I can't get google to load, i can only just read these post
Adrian

Mark Allanson

posted on 6/7/04 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
If its a voodoo, and you have broadband, I would email you drivers (voodoo's are 3dfx based, may work for other cards)

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

britishtrident

posted on 6/7/04 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
In situations like that I sometimes stick a Knoppix cd in and boot from that -- Knoppix hardware detection is ace if you watch carefully as it boots it will identify the graphic card model.
ady8077

posted on 6/7/04 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

Looks like its a voodoo3 2000, well thats the driver i've just loaded and everything looks ok

Adrian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.