Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is this a record
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 20/7/04 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
Is this a record

Picture this .........next door neighbour gets a PC and plugs it in. They know nothing on how they work so on it go s helped by some guy they know.......somehow they connect to the net with an AOL disc ...........and FOUR MINUTES LATER the PC has an attack of the virus kind!!!!!!!!!!!! It took AVG twenty five minutes and Adware a half hour+ to find and kill these pests..................Plus the dam thing only has 64 running XP .........Slower than paint drying.
Bearshare and KAzaa were trying to connect on a dialup OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Killed all the poo and cleaned up the crap on the disc......

AND GOT NOTHING DONE ON THE SEVEN>>>> A well theres always tommorow.

nick205

posted on 20/7/04 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
frightening isn't it!

ned

posted on 20/7/04 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
A colleague at work did some research into statistics on virus's and port scanning. The frequency at which machines are scanned on our huge work network is such that in theory you couldn't finish installing a machine with it plugged into the net without it being infected before you finish installing all the patches off the windows update site.

food for thought..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mackie

posted on 20/7/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I think people should have to take computer literacy tests before they can own a computer connected to the internet.
JoelP

posted on 20/7/04 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mackie
I think people should have to take computer literacy tests before they can own a computer connected to the internet.

i think a better approach would be to chop peoples hands off for making viruses or intentionally spreading any other malign code. that would soon sort it!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

pbura

posted on 20/7/04 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Chop off anything attached to the torso.

Yes, those, too.

First, even.

Pete

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 20/7/04 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mackie

We could call it the ID 10T test!

ceebmoj

posted on 20/7/04 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
personly I think that ther should be beter quality softwaraer out there and more punisment for pepol disining and distrabuting such stuff and lets be honest if ms and the like took notice of what pepol where trying to tell them then a lot of the holes would be filed.

also thay should releas an XP for mupets version to stop pepol who dont know what thay are doing from doing stupid stuff i.e. using the administrator acount and the like.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.