Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who can make a custom set of top wishbones?
twybrow

posted on 3/4/13 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Who can make a custom set of top wishbones?

I would like to have a set of front top wishbones made up, which would move the existing ball joint rearward by around 25mm (to give more castor angle to help with the self-centring and the feel through the wheel).

I know what there were a few folk on here who can do this sort of work, from either a drawing, or one of the original wishbones - but I can't think of who!?

- Wozsher?
- 907?
- Welderman?

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 3/4/13 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Wozsher made a set for me 1-2 years ago now, but having checked the members list, his last activity on the site was 20/7/12 at 15:41

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

CNHSS1

posted on 3/4/13 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Liam mcaffrey iirc

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

Not Anumber

posted on 3/4/13 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Talon made a set of rose jointed top front wishbones for my Indy, a car known to benefit from an extra bit af caster angle. They were very precisely made and decent value. He makes Haynes chassis for a living and is completely reliable. I would reccommend him.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 3/4/13 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
I can, I have done 1 set for Callan and am doing a second set now. Do you have a drawing? I could do it from a standard bone too.

old set I did for my car
[img] top bone
top bone
[/img]

[Edited on 3/4/13 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

maccmike

posted on 3/4/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I made my own for the same reason, isnt particuarly hard, make a jig, cut, grind, weld, lick of paint.
mad4x4

posted on 3/4/13 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec

Wozsher made a set for me 1-2 years ago now, but having checked the members list, his last activity on the site was 20/7/12 at 15:41

He won;t reply to emails etc

I was speaking to this crowd at Stoneleigh and never got round to getting them to develop MK Indy Arms to help self centreing...

http://www.trackdevelopments.co.uk/contact

[Edited on 3/404/13 by mad4x4]

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

mark chandler

posted on 3/4/13 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I,ll make you some if you like, I,m not that far from Southhampton, 40 miles intact so I you want to pop around at the weekend with your old bones we can modify to suit if you like.

Regards Mark

whitestu

posted on 3/4/13 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
As Mark says, modifying your old bones is probably easiest. Particularly if they have poly bushes as changing from bushes to rod ends gives them lots of adjustment.

I did my own without too much effort.

Stu

eddie99

posted on 3/4/13 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
We can, not urgently if you need them quickly though. Could potentially do aero section if you were interested.

Like: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=471215356280359&set=a.267713003297263.62633.153409081394323&type=1&theater

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
phelpsa

posted on 3/4/13 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
I would like to have a set of front top wishbones made up, which would move the existing ball joint rearward by around 25mm (to give more castor angle to help with the self-centring and the feel through the wheel).

I know what there were a few folk on here who can do this sort of work, from either a drawing, or one of the original wishbones - but I can't think of who!?

- Wozsher?
- 907?
- Welderman?

Have you spoken to Steve at Aries? He might well be able to help you out.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theduck

posted on 5/4/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
We can, not urgently if you need them quickly though. Could potentially do aero section if you were interested.

Like: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=471215356280359&set=a.267713003297263.62633.153409081394323&type=1&theater

Don't say things like that! You'll be making me add things to my post IVA list!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.