Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Outlook 2013
Minicooper

posted on 27/1/15 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Outlook 2013

Hello all,
I have copied over my outlook.pst file from a outlook 2010 windows7 machine 32 bit to a new laptop still running windows7 32 bit but now using outlook 2013.

I have pointed outlook 2013 at the outlook.pst file and now have all emails, calender appointments, etc hundreds of them as expected. I did a send and recieve and got 25 new emails to the inbox, the inbox counter for new emails has counted the new emails, but they do not show up.

I have set the view to "ALL" and the new emails to be bold as previous, I sort by date and expect to see the unread emails in bold at the top where I expect to see them, they are not at the bottom, I checked

This is driving me crazy

Any ideas?

David

jeffw

posted on 27/1/15 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure that you are looking in the Inbox....it is possible that it has opened the old PST as an archive and all your new emails are in a different folder.

Minicooper

posted on 27/1/15 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think that has happened but I will check in the morning

Thanks Jeff

David

theduck

posted on 28/1/15 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
I'm using outlook 2013, with just 1 email account, and for some reason it shows up 3 times in the left hand navigation window. It may be you have similar and need to select another one of them?
Minicooper

posted on 31/1/15 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Update

I have now worked out what is going on, I noticed the same thing another computer with Outlook 2013 installed, when an Email comes in it is added to counter on the inbox as expected, but it not listed in the folder when you look for it.

What you need to do is go into any other folder ie Sent Items comes back the inbox and there it is works every time, obviously not right but it works for now, one day maybe Microsoft will fix it

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.