Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: free graphic equalizer recommendations
Mr Whippy

posted on 8/12/15 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
free graphic equalizer recommendations

Hi

I'm running my laptop on windows xp (yeah laughably super ancient but working fab)

I've been ripping tunes of youtube but would like to alter them a bit for quality and hence would like a free graphic equalizer to do that cos I'm a tight git but don't want the usual full of virus garbage.

Can anyone recommend a decent on to use?

Cheers

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
v8kid

posted on 8/12/15 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Wouldn't you have a bigger choice if you changed to w7?
I presume you have a 32 bit laptop

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 8/12/15 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
give audacity a try:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

looks like a later version on their own www

http://audacityteam.org/

[Edited on 8/12/15 by Chris_Xtreme]

Slimy38

posted on 9/12/15 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Winamp comes with a decent graphic equalizer (or at least it did!).
Mr Whippy

posted on 9/12/15 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
Wouldn't you have a bigger choice if you changed to w7?
I presume you have a 32 bit laptop

Cheers!

probably but that is hardly a free option and I have no other reason to consider a windows update I have everything else I need working just fine on XP

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/12/15 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris_Xtreme
give audacity a try:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

looks like a later version on their own www

http://audacityteam.org/

[Edited on 8/12/15 by Chris_Xtreme]

thanks, audacity did a good job and was easy to use

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 10/12/15 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
nice.. my getting on a bit Dad even uses it to rip tapes and lps to mp3
jossey

posted on 10/12/15 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Audacity is good but please please tell me you don't use the laptop for anything personal ie email or anything with passwords?

Also don't leave it and connected to your internal network if you have storage or other computers on same network.

It's like leaving you house keys in the garage door and your cars left running in the garage.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 10/12/15 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
this page has a good set of steps to go through to keep xp secure and a tweak that I can't verify that supposedly will still get you windows updates for xp - for a while anyway. I don't have any xp left so can't verify.

if you can firewall it off,, use chrome or firefox and have decent av installed, I don't see that much of an issue. someone has top get in first and the browser is normally the weak point. don't use IE.

The key thing is to never download and run anything you are unsure of.

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/12/15 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have avast and the computer fully updated. I never had a single password or email issue, ever. I use Google chrome and system performance is excellent and on par with my work laptop which is new and running windows 7 & 64 bit. I just has a few less windows options.

The laptop (which is now 6 years old) was originally installed with Vista which was about the most useless pile of poop I've ever seen so got XP on disks and installed it to get my existing programs working, like I say it's worked so well since then there is no desire to give it a newer Windows version, which may or may not still work with my programs I use.

I can however switch it on and be on google in less than 10 seconds and switches of in just 2 fast!

[Edited on 10/12/15 by Mr Whippy]

tims31

posted on 10/12/15 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I can however switch it on and be on google in less than 10 seconds and switches of in just 2 fast!

I assume that is from a sleep state???

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/12/15 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
quote:

I assume that is from a sleep state???

nope I don't think I even have that option with XP just off and on

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.